Sign in to follow this  
jderry1978

Newbie question regarding printed heat transfer.

I know that if I print for example a cartoon character for a kids shirt, that once printed I just contour cut the heat transfer vinyl. my question is, what do you do when you have printed a small logo that is too small to contour cut everything. Do I just leave a white patch of material around it? The reason I'm asking is a customer ordered a tshirt for a fence company, and the logo has a section of barbed wire fence, that is very thin and small, i don't think it will weed if I try contour cutting it. What do you guys do in a situation like this?

thank you in advance

That's about all you can do. Sometimes I make a circle or an oval around the whole design so it is something that can be cut around and still look ok. 

Wildhorse,

thank you for your response. that's what I will do.

Ohhh lord his head just got bigger - 

• Like 2

If you have access to a color laser printer, and it is white or light shirts, there are weedless transfer papers for color laser.  No contour cutting needed.

Is it hold your horses or hold your geese?

addon.jpg

• Like 4

Ha ha! jderry1978 your eyesight must be as bad as mine is getting! 

I started the Wildgoose name way back on Pirate 4 x 4 forum. I used to be into heavily built jeeps (back when I had less kids and more money) anyway following my rig around the countryside was a potentially dangerous thing and the name made sense. It's just sort of stuck ever since. 

• Like 1

Here's one from my old club putting on a show at the fair. I really miss that Jeep. Broke my leg dirt biking and had to pay for the 9 day hospital stay. 

post-20133-0-15003100-1462394775_thumb.j

• Like 2