CoachWhite

Existing Acrylic Church Sign

I'm redoing and existing outdoor lighted 2 sided acrylic church sign. I have the vinyl complete but we are having a problem with the white paint looking brown when the lights are on. It's a rectangle with an oval logo so the four edges have to be painted so you don't see the lighting inside the sign. I have painted the inside of the panels twice and both times it looks brown when light shine thru. Our next step is to paint the panels black in those areas so no light will shine thru. Any suggestions? 

use white translucent vinyl instead of paint - paint pigment isn't made to pass light thru it is more to block light

• Like 1

use white translucent vinyl instead of paint - paint pigment isn't made to pass light thru it is more to block light

That's what we want no light shining thru.

then black vinyl or as you said paint black - most of the signs around here are white background so sorry for the misunderstanding on my part

• Like 1

I'm assuming the white paint is on the inside? if so, just paint the black over it, you will still see the white on the outside and the black will block the light. Or put up white vinyl rather than pain.