Reason you come to USCutter for your equipment and supplies

Reason you like USCutter  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What helped your decision to buy from USCutter - pick more than one

• Best Price
    • Cheapest shipping
    • Best Support
    • Availability of User forum for after hours and weekend help
    • Learning - Availability of user forum to research ideas and talk about trends?
    • Camaraderie - place to talk with like minded people about anything . . .

I really like that I live close enough to get items the day after I order them!

One (of several) that I like is that I often need a specific color of vinyl for a customer and my local supplier who carriers Gerber often (more often than I would think normal) cannot get the specific colors I need where with USCutter I have never had anything with Orafol adhesive vinyl or Siser products be unavailable. Everything on the color books is available, once in a while from a different supply warehouse but they don't charge any extra shipping if it does. They get a big old A+ in my book. 

• Like 1

when I started with USC it was just about the only game in town..and Ken Imes is the reason I stayed. Period.

• Like 2

ken kept many of us coming back - I don't think he ever slept and was basically a one man show back then

• Like 2

Yeah, Ken's on my FB. He's a really great guy! Never a dull moment around him that's for sure lol hope you guys are doing good!

An interesting poll so far, and seems to indicate the power and importance that all on-line companies should give to their social media.

But then the 27 responses so far are most likely some of the more active folks on the forum also...

Clearly for those of us who utilize the forum it is our first line of *support* when we run into problems.

I would be nice if 50% of forum users would cast a vote.

Cal

• Like 2

My reason isnt there. 99.9% of my orders are here next day if ordered by 3

If there was a US Cutter in the UK I would most certainly make use of it, but with the cost of international postage it's not an option. Shame really as decent suppliers are few and far between here in the UK.

I bought my first cutter from a competitor - one of the cheap Sign Warehouse models - because I was stupid and didn't do any research at all - got suckered in by a cheap price and assumed they were all the same. Learned that lesson the hard way.

I started forum hopping looking for good advice - there are numerous forums out there - many are ghost towns - a few are extraordinarily hostile towards any new people (I'm looking at you Signs101!) and US Cutter's was the first I found where I felt comfortable admitting I was new.  I also found that, at the time, they had a fantastic deal on a Graphtec CE5000-60 along with everything you needed to get started - including a real, full version of CorelDraw, usable clip art, etc.  That cemented the deal for me.  Good support + good prices + (at the time) super-cheap shipping (my Graphtec package with 12 24" rolls of vinyl, plus all the tools, accessories, etc. came in 3 large boxes and was delivered to my door in ~48 hours from when I ordered it for $9.99!!!!!) = too good of a place to pass up!

• Like 5

8 hours ago, OWJones said:

I bought my first cutter from a competitor - one of the cheap Sign Warehouse models - because I was stupid and didn't do any research at all - got suckered in by a cheap price and assumed they were all the same. Learned that lesson the hard way.

I started forum hopping looking for good advice - there are numerous forums out there - many are ghost towns - a few are extraordinarily hostile towards any new people (I'm looking at you Signs101!) and US Cutter's was the first I found where I felt comfortable admitting I was new.  I also found that, at the time, they had a fantastic deal on a Graphtec CE5000-60 along with everything you needed to get started - including a real, full version of CorelDraw, usable clip art, etc.  That cemented the deal for me.  Good support + good prices + (at the time) super-cheap shipping (my Graphtec package with 12 24" rolls of vinyl, plus all the tools, accessories, etc. came in 3 large boxes and was delivered to my door in ~48 hours from when I ordered it for $9.99!!!!!) = too good of a place to pass up!

actually 101 is a ghost of it's former self - it has changed hands and now the newbies run rampant.  just read one thread where someone was trying to implement rip software on a printer that didn't support it ( it is possible with that printer but the old timers are letting the newbies tell em how it's done (and laughing)  - last post from a newbie was to make sure to set the ip address for the printer correctly - problem is that printer has usb only and no usb in that version (I owned one)  - not a peep from the old timers that know better.  read several threads very similar.  the old timers were a little gruff but they are a wealth of knowledge that now is sitting dormant for the most part.  in a way too bad as I learned a lot from those old timers

• Like 1

Never understood that from people. If you don't actually know what you're talking about why are you trying to tell someone how to do something.

• Like 1

Haven't made a purchase as of yet.  But I already know it will be from USCutter.  I'm all about product support and researching companies that industry veterans want to deal with.  It took all of two minutes on google to realize this was the place.  Now if I could just settle on a machine.