Guest Ken

VM Cut with Titan 3 15" contour cut calibration

Guest Ken

I have VinylMaster Cut. Titan 3 cutter.   Trying to use contour cutting. But the cut is way off.  I have tried time and time again to "calibrate" so that it cuts correctly.

How do I set this up so it cuts correctly??   I am sick and tired of the lack of support for both this cutter AND VinylMaster Cut.

Can anyone help?? Guide me to get this calibrated??   Arrgghhh!

So have you contacted UScutter support?   And Vinyl Master support is on here all the time....I have seen many people who say that UScutter or Vinyl Master has helped them with their contour cutting with the Titan cutters...  It seems Joe at tech support is pretty good at it...He was just praised a few days ago...for getting a Titan 3 with ARMS working great. 

• Like 1

On your titan 3, hit the set button until you see the tool offset display.  That is the offset for your machine.  Take the values for X and Y and go into vinylmaster setup for your plotter and enter those values.  That should get you almost dead on.  If it is a little off, adjust the values slightly until your dialed in correctly.

• Like 1

Also Mz SKEETER is correct.  Joe at tech support is great at getting it setup properly.  I would say try what I gave you.  If it doesn't correct it, then contact USCutter support.

• Like 1

I had the exact same cutter, and will say when it cut it cut well, but I was always having issues with calibration. Here's a suggestion. Return the cutter, and put some money away if need be then purchase a Graphtec. If your serious about your business model then you will have to make an investment in some pro grade equipment. My Graphtec literally saved my graphics business. Most all forum members would agree dollar for dollar the money invested in that machine is well spent.

The Titan3 is a weak design, and is FAR from a pro grade machine. The system suffers from EMI even though its USB . On my unit I replaced the motherboard, and the unit still would randomly slam its head into the side quite hard. It was nothing but a hassle. Set aside all the hardware issues, you'll soon realize the system requires  another version of Vinyl Master specific to that machine.  I decided to upgrade to VM Pro. This was before the Vinyl Master Titan version of Pro was available. It was a nightmare as I was in your shoes. The machines calibration was God awful. Hit miss at best. Then the software wouldn't work with the unit reliably. Talk about frustration.

US cutter support is some of the best I've seen however the systems motherboard reflects Chinas lack of quality control. The motherboard is essentially a generic motion controller. Take about thirty minutes, and review the internal components inside the chassis. The highest quality component is the Meanwell power supply. The system lacks proper grounding.. Then they claim its an all metal chassis. Think about the all metal chassis without any proper earth grounding.  It's obvious the machine is simply a direct China import made to reflect an American version. I engineer CNC motion control systems, so I deal with stepper systems daily. The system is a paperweight, and for the ones that purchase these over the genuine reputable brands I wish you the best, but rest assured you'll never get even close to your investment back. Don't believe what I'm writing about review Ebay, and you will soon realize why they typically give them away.

My advice is to call US Cutters support if you haven't, and see if they will guide you through the calibration process. It's very tedious if you expect precision accuracy with the calibration test sheets you have to use, but maybe you'll get lucky. They will stay on the phone as long as it takes, or just offer to send you a motherboard, and in most cases even offer to take the system back as credit towards another one, or just give you a refund. I already pointed you in the right direction from what I wrote above.

The basic version of Vinyl Master isn't really that capable for contour cutting till you get the LTR, or PRO version. There's simply to many limitations for really defined contoured graphics. I stepped up from LTR to PRO, and I honestly believe you will almost be able to have money thrown at you with the possibilities.

Good luck.

Guest Sarah Walker

Hi there I've also got vinylmaster with my vinyl cutter and all of a sudden the calibration has gone weird and cutting funny and not perfect how can I get it right 

I'm using signmaster vevor edition that came as a download with my vinyl cutter so I don't believe it's original unless the guy who sold me the vinyl cutter has rights to it ! 

I saw the earlier comment about hitting set button but where is that if I'm on different programme ?? 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.