Sign in to follow this  
fustratedinhawaii

US Cutter shipping changes in the future??

I just bought the CorelDraw x6 over the phone because the online method wasn't working for me. 

They charged me $60 to ship the cd.  Only option they said they had was FEDEX overnight express to Hawaii (I made it before their daily deadline, so let's see how long it actually takes). US Cutter was going to charge me about $300 more when I bought my Graphtec and Hotronix press, so I bought it from someone else. I LOVE this forum and thank US Cutter for having it :) !!!!!!!!!! I want to support them, but their shipping just cost too much for me (eBay and AMAZON wanted $300 for the cd, so I save $90). 

Does anyone know if US Cutter will change their shipping procedures or will I just have to buy from other companies??

Well, it's been an hour since I made the order and still haven't received and e-mail of confirmation. Called Cutter back and he said that (should have asked for his name) that although I was told I made the deadline to be shipped out today, it might not have, because they're so busy. Nice :) !!! I'm so livid, I'm beginning to this of this as a joke on me :) !!!! I guess they think this is just a game, so  I"ll see if it comes here in 2 days...or next stop, BBB :)

I have never understood the reason for the high shipping. I can ship anywhere in the 50 states and Puerto Rico Priority mail for less that $8 in a flat rate envelope.

• Like 1

Did you ever consider that, being in Hawaii, that this may increase the shipping costs for the company? They use FedEx. FedEx has different rates for Hawaii than the lower 48. Time frames for delivery may also be different. Perhaps they have a contract with FedEx that gives them huge discounts on shipping provided they only use them, so they are limited in terms of shipping options to Hawaii. Do you expect them to change how they operate their business due to a small percentage of customers having issues with their shipping rates/carrier?

On a side note, the BBB is a joke. Too many people think it is actually a government agency, when in fact they are a private, for-profit company that manipulates ratings based on who pays them. They are no different than Yelp or other third party review sites. I find their site as useful as a roll of toilet paper when determining the legitimacy of a company. I take that back, toilet paper is more useful.

Did you ever consider that, being in Hawaii, that this may increase the shipping costs for the company? They use FedEx. FedEx has different rates for Hawaii than the lower 48. 

But still.... come one..... 60 bucks for a cd?  And, you can only ship overnight?  That doesn't sound right of fair to me.

• Like 3

Thanks for all your responses, I appreciate it, since I had to vent ;) !!!! I've gotten stuff from Florida that was sent by FEDEX GROUND!!! (Don't ask me hoW THAT works!!! lol....but it WAS much cheaper!!!! Too bad they don't send stuff like the cd's through USPS.... The cd came today before 5pm, so paying for overnight (and then some) only took 2 days.....

Shipping said that the envelope said sent "CD IN BOX".

I WISH it came in a box, and not just a paper cd sleeve. At least it was in a bubble envelope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thing that might have bothered me also, was US Cutter sent it as a 2x25x2 in.package!!! Too bad they didn't send a roll of vinyl with it!!!!

Now....let's just hope they didn't send me a used or unusable cd......