I understand there are already posts about this subject but I am getting NO WHERE... I bought the adapter I have drivers updated and when I open Sure Cuts A Lot Pro 3 and go to test it the program freezes and shuts off... What is it that I am doing wrong or can someone simply walk me through it... The usb is bad so I am trying to get it fixed and get this big order done...

Thanks in advance.

I'm sure its the wrong one but I bought the "Ativa USB to Serial" from office depot because I told the phone service tech that it was the closest to me without ordering online while they were doing remote desktop help.

The only ones that  US cutter will guarantee to work with vinyl cutters are the Tripplite Keyspan Adapter or a Belkin...

This is example only.  find the best price....You would also use the serial cable that came with your cutter with it.     Your welcome

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Keyspan-TRIPP-LITE-USA-19HS-high-speed-usb-serial-adapter-/182088694444?hash=item2a6554faac:g:H20AAOSw9KpXAblj

What cutter is that? 

The only ones that  US cutter will guarantee to work are the Tripplite Keyspan Adapter or a Belkin...

This is example only.  find the best price....You would also use the serail cable that came with your cutter with it.     Your welcome

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Keyspan-TRIPP-LITE-USA-19HS-high-speed-usb-serial-adapter-/182088694444?hash=item2a6554faac:g:H20AAOSw9KpXAblj

Do you know what my settings are supposed to look like? The tech changed a bunch of things in my computer and the program and I would like to get them back to somewhat normal so I can cut a few pieces at a time if I have to go that route until I get this piece.

I only have a Graphtec,, and use  Flexistarter..  But if you post what cutter you have,  maybe someone else can help you....And you have grounded your vinyl cutter to the stand if you have a stand?   

I only have a Graphtec,, and use  Flexistarter..  But if you post what cutter you have,  maybe someone else can help you....And you have grounded your vinyl cutter to the stand if you have a stand?   

I have the LaserPoint II and I did have it but another tech told me a few months back I didn't really need it so I unhooked it.

You unhooked what?  The ground wire?  The ground wire should be hooked up.., The static comes from the vinyl. and you have to have a way so that the static does not fry your cutter.  You could also try dryer sheets in your vinyl roll,  wipe your vinyl with dryer sheets, and spray Static Guard in the room.  

• Like 1

I have the LaserPoint II and I did have it but another tech told me a few months back I didn't really need it so I unhooked it.

do you remember the name of the tech at usc that told you to unhook the ground wire from the stand?  that would need addressed at the office.

You unhooked what?  The ground wire?  The ground wire should be hooked up.., The static comes from the vinyl. and you have to have a way so that the static does not fry your cutter.  You could also try dryer sheets in your vinyl roll,  wipe your vinyl with dryer sheets, and spray Static Guard in the room.  

I will do that. (hook it back up)

do you remember the name of the tech at usc that told you to unhook the ground wire from the stand?  that would need addressed at the office.

Not quite sure but that is true because when I had issues for the 1st time ever I think it was then but that was back in Jan I think.

Hola yo tambien lo instale via serial usb, dependiendo del windows que tengas se tiene que buscar en el administrador de dispositivos como se llama el puerto com que reconoce el cable, despues el impresoras y faxes tienes que elegir tu ploter ver las propiedades y seleccionar el puerto correcto. Yo hice todo eso pero ahora tengo un problema envio a cortar y me aparece en cola el archivo y lo elimina sin cortar.

Hey guys! I realize that this topic is every where but I seem to be getting no where either. I have had my USCutter SC series and Sure Cuts Alot 3 Pro for about a year now and I have never had a problem with it. I was cutting this evening, got up to press, come back and cut again with a different color and I get a message saying my machine isnt hooked up or not responding. so I hit the reset button and try again. nothing. powered off, unplug USB, turn on, and plugged USB back in and i receive the alert that the USB is not recognized by Windows. I am using Windows 10. I have did the whole restart and f7 so windows will allow the driver download. I have already updates SCALP3 and just did again today, updated drivers and even inserted the disk and tried to install the USCutter Software again. 

I am at a huge loss on what to do now. And i can't contact anyone with it being over the weekend. I am FREAKING OUT with a huge order to get out and now have no idea what to do til Monday. 

I am using the original USB cord that came with the machine, and I have hit the test button on the cutter and it cuts just fine. I have only been able to find stuff on the USCuttter MH Mk version and I am trying to figure out if there is anything I need to be doing different then the other machines.