Sign in to follow this  
Lumirush

Looking for a machine to cut 3M double sided adhesive tape?

Good day all,

My company is looking for a machine that would be capable for cutting different types of 3M double sided adhesive tape. We will be applying it to the back of our decals for the marine industry. very similar to the way car emblems are attached.

Thank you for your time and help.

John-

I don't think you can do a material like that with a cutter.   

If you're interested I might be able to do it on my laser.   I'll have to research the material and see if it's safe to laser.  

think the big companies do it with a die cutter - totally different process - not sure on the laser though for short runs.   I see a lot of new companies doing chrome or metallic vinyl and then doming them now

Mz SKEETER-

We typically order the tape in 12"x12" sheets. Our largest emblem is 8" wide.

Go-C Graphics

Thank you very much for the offer and great idea. We have been also looking into purchasing a laser engraving / cutting machine, Didn't even think about that possible application. If you don't mind me asking which machine do you have or recommend. We design and manufacturer underwater LED lamps for the marine industry. 

dakotagrafx

I had a feeling also the larger company's were using a die cutter.. Seems to be the most efficient way.

Thank you Gentlemen-

years ago we had someone make some hand use dies for cancer ribbons - just lay it on the material and whack it with a mallet - if you find someone that could do that for low production numbers would be another option