Sign in to follow this  
Pebbles1488

How to start cutting where you set vinyl

I set my vinyl where I want to start cutting, and when I press cut, it back feeds the vinyl so it falls out of the cutter.  How do I stop it from doing this?  I just want it to start cutting where I put the vinyl in the machine.

You have to press ORIGIN or what ever is on your cutter for ORIGIN,  before you send CUT. Origin is your starting point, that is where it measures from,   And your cutter will not start cutting at that point.  It starts cutting from the start of where the design was made.  Example,  I cut  8 ft graphics...  My cutter may travel 4 ft into the vinyl and start cutting firs., That is where the design was created at, but it will come back to the front and finish the entire job.

You have to press ORIGIN or what ever is on your cutter for ORIGIN,  before you send CUT. Origin is your starting point, that is where it measures from, 

So I set that to 0?

Yes, you do that every time,,That is your starting point, so your cutter will measure from there. 

Yes, you do that every time,,That is your starting point, so your cutter will measure from there. 

Thank you SO much!  I have wasted SO much vinyl!

• Like 1

On my unit (MH871) the RESET button needs to be pressed after each job, before the next one (that brings the carriage back to the nachine start point)

If I need some other point as the starting point, I will then utilize the OFFLINE/ORIGIN buttons.

In my software, I'll keep the "Fit To Origin" checkbox UNchecked.

(In SCAL, that is called WYSIWYG -- you DON"T want that cutting command to be active, usually).

On my unit (MH871) the RESET button needs to be pressed after each job, before the next one (that brings the carriage back to the nachine start point)

If I need some other point as the starting point, I will then utilize the OFFLINE/ORIGIN buttons.

In my software, I'll keep the "Fit To Origin" checkbox UNchecked.

(In SCAL, that is called WYSIWYG -- you DON"T want that cutting command to be active, usually).

THANK YOU!  I unchecked the Fit to Origin box!

You are welcome.

That little checkbox is really very important, for sure.