AS you know, in the interest in of keeping the server from getting overloaded, Marcus placed a limit of 1mb per upload. I have noticed that this is keeping some of you from uploading all of your pics at once. I know that resizing pics by most methods takes a few minutes...so here is something for wondows XP users ONLY. Microsoft offers on their site an image resizer that is literally 2 clicks...just right click on the image file,and chose the size you want. Usually, the small option is best for viewing online.

You can get it here...it is about half-way down,on the right.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

Please help us with this,the only option is to start deleting files once the server gets crowded.

• Like 1

Once you have the app,you'll use it. I probably use the image resizer more often than any application on my computer. It's great for images in email too.

I've been trying to upload some pix's into a new thread, or onto someones existing one na d have not been able to?  Sometimes it'll give me the error message "you took to long or your files are too large" or just say my pix were too big nad the limit is just over 1000kb.  Funny thing is the pix are UNDER 100 kb (trippled checked that one :) and double checked I was trying the right pix).  Tried doing 1, 2 or 3 pix but same results.  Have I missed something else???  I could have sworn I uploaded one of my pix to someone elses thread recently?  But no-go for me today?

I gotta try that trick John, thanks :).  I've been doing the re-size's in Paint. Works, but not the quickest :)

post-2851-12986524122191_thumb.jpg

post-2851-12986524122316_thumb.jpg

post-2851-12986524122326_thumb.jpg

post-2851-12986524130625_thumb.jpg

post-2851-12986524130652_thumb.jpg

post-2851-12986524130661_thumb.jpg

You can also upload your pics to photobucket.com.  You can even resize them there.  You can just copy and past the IMG right in your post.

Good luck.

Jenny