kkeeble

Jeep Dealership Job..

Here is a little back story on how i got this job.

We bought a 2015 Jeep Wrangler from a dealership. When we bought the 2015 Jeep we installed the Jeep Star on the hood with a breast cancer ribbon on it. Looks real nice. Owned it for 8 month and started having issues with it. The said dealership was giving us the run around on fixing it so we wanted to trade it in, They didn't was to work with us at all so we went to another dealership and traded it in. Again we installed a similar decal on the 2016 Jeep. Went back to the new dealership to get the registration and the sales manager approached us and said he wanted us to do a few Jeeps for him in the showroom. Of coarse we said OK.. We installed them last night and he wanted to know how fast i can get to more done. We are going back on Friday to do them. And he asked for a quote to do 1000 chrome decals with their name cut out of them. 

• Like 7

Very cool I just scored a local contract with Jeep dealer doing some "dealer packaged" wraps. 

• Like 1

That is making lemonade from lemons, for sure!

Cal

• Like 1

I just saw a jeep in my neck of the woods (SWFL) with one of those decals on the hood.  Very similar to the regular star design not the distressed star.

I just saw a jeep in my neck of the woods (SWFL) with one of those decals on the hood.  Very similar to the regular star design not the distressed star.

used on army jeeps for years - you might see lots of them

• Like 1

Hmm, this gives me a idea. Maybe if i do work for a jeep dealership they'll give me a rock bottom price on a new jeep :P. Looks great though man. When designing dealership tags keep in mind that you have to weed them. I made that mistake the first time i did tags for a dealership. 

Nice work!

I just bought a new Jeep Renegade last Monday. LOVE IT! it's the Dawn of Justice addition.

stupid question.... if I make that for a John Doe customer it would be a copyright issue, but its okay to reproduce company logos for the dealership? JW i had a dealer ask me about it and I told them I wanted approval from the company before i venture into that task...Was I wrong?

stupid question.... if I make that for a John Doe customer it would be a copyright issue, but its okay to reproduce company logos for the dealership? JW i had a dealer ask me about it and I told them I wanted approval from the company before i venture into that task...Was I wrong?

I don't think its copyrighted? Really though who's going to come after you..people sell these things on ebay all day long. 

I don't think its copyrighted? Really though who's going to come after you..people sell these things on ebay all day long. 

they sell a lot of cr stuff on ebay and people get busted all the time - there are a lot that don't but we have seen on this forum several loose their rights to sell on ebay after getting hit.   just saying that using the logic that someone else is selling it doesn't hold water when you are the one they are after.

• Like 1

I would say that the dealership would take the fault on this. They have legal access to marketing materials and logos...whether having one of us do the job or having Jeep provide the logos would be the gray area IMO. I would have the dealership obtain the permission since they initially have the contacts to reach out to.

on the topic of a bad jeep. we are getting our 3rd this yr. 1st was a 2015 altitude edition wrangler. hard top had paint issues. Instead of sending me a new top they bought back the jeep along with all my mods. over 10k worth. then they gave me a nice disc. for my new jeep. so we ordered a 2016 Hard Rock Rubicon edition, the top is worse. they gave me more of  run around this time, but in the end replaced it. The new 1 just hit the lot. will be picking it up next week.

I just ordered my 1st cutter. guess I will get broken in on it next week.