sdgirl

thermoflex plus issue

I have used thermoflex plus for years with no problem. I am now having an issue with my black. I have the temp at 330 for 15 seconds. It is doing a bubble like thing to my cover and it is making my lines not smooth? I am not sure what the issue is but it is driving me crazy trying to figure this one out. I had an issue with this company sending me a different type of vinyl before but I looked inside the tube and it is the one it is suppose to be. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Christi

post-2888-0-62677400-1456594165_thumb.jp

post-2888-0-92524000-1456594176_thumb.jp

might need a new blade. the bubble could also be the vinyl not sticking to the backing and is a old stock or it peeled from the carrier and someone tried to lay it back flat. I have some thermoflex plus white just like that. but it cut perfect.

Thank you for answering. Mine cut great and weeded just fine. It looked good before I heat pressed it. It was then that it bubble and made the edges rough. I am thinking it had to be old stock because it is doing it to everything I have used it on!

Yeah thats weird. Can you re-press after getting the carrier off and get it to smooth out? Or maybe short press for whatever the recommended time would be for like two layer and then press it the full count after you get the carrier off there. I guess those will only help you if it happens to be carrier caused. 

Yes I have been. I think I well order some more and see if it still does the same thing. I think it might have been an old batch?

I know regular vinyl has a shelf life...but, does HTV?

Sue2

I am not sure Sue. I am thinking it might. There really is no other reason why it would be doing this. No other vinyl of mine is doing it so it isn't my heat press. I turned the temp down and press for less time and it is still doing the bubble on the backing which is causing the rough edges on the vinyl. I need to call the company I got it from and see if they have any answers.

Thanks!