npace

Hat Press Transforsa?

I have an older "Hot One" cap press (built by stahls)  that I found on craigslist> the biggest thing I have noted since owning it is that the lower platen size can be different for different caps. In fact I tend to use the smallest one (or the shortest in height if looking at the cap front) The regular sized platen that came with the press is a little too tall and causes creases along the top of the hat or won't fit at all. I don't see many of the cheaper versions of hat presses offering optional lower platen sizes. My old press is ancient without a timer or digital readout but the platens still fits from the newest models. I ordered my small platen from them when I first discovered that the regular size was too big. There are many different platen options. 

So as a long answer to a short question , I have not used this press and would recommend taking all aspects into consideration or you might have to take a sawzall to the lower platen to get it to fit in your low profile caps. 

• Like 1

Thanks Wildgoose!  I have not looked beyond uscutter yet. There are likely tons of options out there. But just in case, I'll pick up some extra blades. The platens look pretty thick. :)

Thanks Wildgoose!  I have not looked beyond uscutter yet. There are likely tons of options out there. But just in case, I'll pick up some extra blades. The platens look pretty thick. :)

Most likely aluminum based so they would cut easy. I found my stahls for about $100 and missed a brand new one that was pristine for about the same money.