JMfragozo

MH871 - MK2 driver model for Windows 10 USCutter

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and I would like to start by saying hello, and I would like that will help me know if I someone installed USCutter MK2 to a Windows 10 operating system as I have tried to install the system 8.1 and I did not recognize the plotter, please help !!!

• Confused 1

Does this unit have driver support in windows 10? The instructions don't seem to make any mention of it, I have tried installing the drivers from the downloads page.

If I download and extract the drivers for it and try to update the drivers through the Device Manager it just says it has the latest version installed already., It is showing up as USB Print Support.

It was mentioned in another post to download  the CDM20828 driver installer.

http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Drivers/cdm20828_setup_windows.exe

However after I have done that when I do a scan for hardware changes it locks up the machine and I have to hard boot it. I have also tried turning off Driver Validation and still cannot get this unit to install. Just shows up as USB Print Support and no device appears in Devices and Printers. Also Right-clicking the inf files and selecting install produces the same result (hard freeze during hardware changes scan).

Also the baud rate is probably not applicable as this is not running on a com port or an emulated com port, I have it connected via the usb cable.

I have an older machine that did work fine but now I am having problems since Windows 10 came along. I have the MH871 cutter and have always hooked up with the usb cable. Now i hear the beep when I attach it to my computer but no prompts to download and I do not see that it has been recognized. Patience is not one of my virtues and the window is way to close.

So im struggling with this setup.

Windows 10, MH 871-mk2, usb cable. 

Ive been at this for 7 hours, most of these links are dead. the Support page only shows up to Windows 8. 

Im at a total loss. Feeling like i got Burned by Amazon right now. it clearly stated this was supported.

15 minutes ago, Cascadia Axe said:

Ive been at this for 7 hours, most of these links are dead. the Support page only shows up to Windows 8. 

Im at a total loss. Feeling like i got Burned by Amazon right now. it clearly stated this was supported.

Did you try calling support, if uscutter was the seller on amazon? 

16 minutes ago, Cascadia Axe said:

Have you tried the support area for your plotter in the uscutter support area?     

https://support.uscutter.com/hc/en-us/sections/360007520231-MH-MK2-Series

I am pretty certain this is the proper CDM (emulation) download ---  http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Drivers/cdm20828_setup_windows.exe

Throw a copy of SignBlazer on your computer  (disable the antivirus first). http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Software/SignBlazer/signblazer_setup.exe

RedSail is the OEM model.

Hopefully this takes you less than 7 minutes (not 7 hours) and just works.

13 hours ago, Cascadia Axe said:

What exactly is the problem? What software are you trying to use? What have you tried?

Updating for anyone looking for Mh mK2 drivers as USCutter took them off their website entirely. 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1WNRrOiYY2l8RXA9oG2TQdP-ZX4gCuUu4?usp=share_link

to install on windows 10 type recovery into search bar, click recovery options, advanced startup, on restart navigate to advanced boot tools or something of the sort. disable driver signature enforcement (f7), bam....computer boots, find your way to "devices and printers" not "device manager" and see the unspecified printer where uscutter should be (make sure you have it plugged in to pc and power and turned on to see). right click it, propeties,hardware,properties,change settings, drivers, update drivers, browse to where you saved drivers, click under to install from disc, see uscutter, install

??????

profit

if it doesn't work play around with the install drivers menu, for some reason it took a few attempts browsing and selecting the right file path for it to register and be included in the driver install menu. 

good luck

• Like 1

INF files are used by the Windows operating system, as well as application installers. They are used during installation of device drivers. Due to their risk of infection by viruses, they should not be opened manually, especially if they come from an unknown source.

INF files are used by the Windows operating system, as well as application installers. They are used during installation of device drivers. Due to their risk of infection by viruses, they should not be opened manually, especially if they come from an unknown source.

Libre office and winrar will both open the .inf file in a text format if you would like to check the contents before installing. I'm just a dude trying to help out others so hopefully they're not thrown through a loop like i was when windows eventually replaces the drivers with "the best" ones in an update.