Rip_frannie

Pictures to clip art

my guess would be adobe illustrator, that is how I do it, I use the pen tool, follow what I think the lines should be like, and import my illustrator file into SCAL Pro

Do you own / have a copy of Coyote Stencil Shop ?

Do you like it ?

No I  learned to create scroll saw patterns  back in 2000 and designed and sold patterns to fellow scrollers even had few published in the Scrollsaw association of the world's quarterly mag. I only posted the link to the software because its user friendly and the learning curve is easy.Gary Browning has a book called Scroll Saw portraits that explains the basic steps manipulating pictures into cuttable files, scrolling and vinyl cutting use the same basics but scrolling is in wood and you are the cutter no cnc involved.

Nice rendering Rip_frannie. I do the same. There is nothing as good as a live shot to bring out the live look. 

Sorry everyone. Wasn't meaning to not reply back. My notifications are turned off for some reason. How I did it was in Corel. If you go to the free hand tool and click it and hold it down , scroll down till you see bspline tool. When starting be sure to start on a curved area. Zoom in , and slowly start to click and trace the outside of the object , after you get the outside, go inside and start to add detail tot he photo. I'm going to do a YouTube tutorial for everyone soon. 

Pretty neat.  I've used Photoshop to do something similar using layers over the original and paths with the pen tool.  I don't have Corel and really hate to have to learn something new.  So I will stick with Photoshop...