julie77

Font Glyphs "Ornaments"

The font I am having issues trying to access "ornaments" in the style script pro font.  I know how to access the glyphs, but this whole group of them does not come up...

Anyone know how to access these using Corel Draw ?

Normally, yeah that works. But with the ornament glyphs they are not showing up.  Is there a different way those ones have to be accessed ?

Worth a shot...are you on Windows? (Coreldraw 11 can be used on Mac)

In Windows 7 or XP I know you can press Start > Search and type in Character Map. You should be able to bring up that font and select the ornament within. Then select and copy out the code. Then in Coreldraw (I'm using X7) select the text tool and then paste (CTRL + V) into a text line (artistic text most likely). Does that work?

If it does, convert it to curves right away. Sometimes when I convert font's to curves, they do screwy things. In that case you may need to digitize the glyph by hand. Use the Coreldraw object manager to put an image of the glyph (Print Screen button copies screen to clipboard, paste will dump it on the layer) on one layer, lock it, and then create a new layer as your drawing layer. Go to outline view mode and then you can see better. Trace away using the bezier pen tool.

You also may be able to use Corel's trace tool to automatically trace it depending on how complicated it is. Barring that, perhaps the font in question is not a full version of the font but rather a demo version. I've seen this sometimes that it comes up blank on certain characters. You'd need to contact the font vendor in that case or buy the full version of the font.

You don't mention what version of Corel you're using...

At least up through X5, Corel can have problems accessing all the characters in symbol fonts. It was a known bug as displayed here:

http://community.coreldraw.com/talk/coreldraw_graphics_suite_x4/f/246/t/18494

I know I read specifics of the bug somewhere, but with a quick search that's all I could find at the moment.

I have no idea when this started or when it ended. Just something we have to live with or upgrade out of...