Sign in to follow this  
bigmax

cutting strip

Replaced cutting strip on US Cutter SC model (after removing old strip and cleaning GOOD with denatured alcohol). Now I CAN'T get an even cutting depth. When the blade travels across the 24" width, it cuts all the way through the vinyl and backing in some spots and barley "scratches" in other spots. ANY ideas ? Don't want to have to replace (BUY) another strip!!! All suggestions appreciated!!

Bigmax, have you tried turning old strip over and get some double sided tape to put under it.i I did that and it worked. I was waiting on new strip to get to me. And it was just like the one I turned over. Worth a try.

Late responding, sorry. Did that, and no change. Ordered a new carriage from U S Cutter (per their recommended solution) and still same problem. Really frustrated. Don't want to order ANOTHER strip, but any other suggestions. Put in a "ticket"  w/ USC but no response......yet.

• Like 1

I Have the same problem, only its a liyu tc, what I have been doing is using the wifes baking roller and trying to get it more even, seems to work for a while ordered a new strip and going to start again with mine.

Late responding, sorry. Did that, and no change. Ordered a new carriage from U S Cutter (per their recommended solution) and still same problem. Really frustrated. Don't want to order ANOTHER strip, but any other suggestions. Put in a "ticket"  w/ USC but no response......yet.

place a strip of removable vinyl over your cutting strip the full length of your machine

Well, back again. Worked with Jessica @ US Cutter for quite a while Thurs or Friday (can't remember) and sent pics of results. She wanted me to send a Video but, unable to get one good enough to send and see anything clearly. Worked until nearly midnight last night and STILL same issue. Started again this morning. Made a cutting strip, since the one USC sent was cut unevenly and seemed to have been cut by a blind man, from a piece of reflective (thick) material. Started adjusting the downforce  by increments of 10 all the way to the maximum setting, again barely visible marks showing in some areas and bold in others Ran a test cut with the pen and nothing! Tried it again with me just touching the tip of the pen and drew test pattern fine. DOWNFORCE on NEW carriage and cutting strip now seems to be the issue. ANY thoughts.........anyone!!:huh:??

I guess at this point if I was losing money I would just order a new machine, SC's are cheap depending upon your volume you could recover from the cost in a few days..  and if you do protect the cutting strip on the new machine.

• Like 1

you've been doing it now for 7 years - maybe time to step up to that graphtec (but you will hate replacing the strip on it as they glue them down with butyl)

• Like 1

you've been doing it now for 7 years - maybe time to step up to that graphtec (but you will hate replacing the strip on it as they glue them down with butyl)

My answer also. Step up to a better machine.. like a Graphtec,  You will say,  Why didn't I do this years ago?  .

• Like 3

New cutter .......in the near future ! I'm just  a "tightwad", since officially retiring and doing sign work only.

• Like 1