I replaced my blade with a brand new 45 degree (This was the blade installed prior  to the new blade as well) I now am getting this on tests cuts. I replaced the blade with a pen to see if it was consistent. I attached pictures to reflect what the Titan 3 is doing.

What would cause this on a machine that was cutting fine before the blade change.?

Thank you for your suggestions.

post-95051-0-38429300-1453672600_thumb.j

post-95051-0-43652800-1453672721_thumb.j

I see two things - offset appears wrong with the pen as it would be different than the blade because of the peaks in the corners and looks like the blade isn't spinning freely in the holder on the cut as the bottom of the square is dashed - add a drop of lightweight oil like 3 in 1 , reel oil, sewing machine oil in the holder and blade the blade back in.   the offset actually appears right in with the cut so I think you are just chasing the blade issue.  if it was on all sides I would have said broken tip but with just one direction thinking not spinning freely

• Like 2

Also make sure the blade holder is tight in the carriage and like dakotagrafx said a wee bit of oil will not hurt.

• Like 1

I oiled the bearing, and cleaned it from any cutting scrap. I thought it was the offset as well, but the rest of the cut looks good. I know your right on the blade sticking. The machine is only 4 months old, and doesn't get used, but 15 hours a week. Is the only option to replace the blade holder?

The blade holder is tight.

I though it may be the new blade. so I tried one that came bundled with my machine, but the cut looks the same when I do the test..

Is it possible your cutting strip could have a gouge in it ? try putting a piece of vinyl on the strip and see if the issue goes away. Use 631 or equivalent so you can easily remove it 

Also my Titan doesn't complete the test cut well either, try using a small graphic from your cutting software to test with.

if you think it is the blade holder give support a call because being 4 months old I think it is still under warranty - seems like the titans have a longer warranty

Yea, I'll call them tomorrow. I will also buy a few to have on hand.

Thank you all for your help. I really appreciate it.

On my Titan 3 I changed the blade, and blade holder (it's a standard 45 degree), and I continue to cut like the picture below.\

My machine settings are shown in the pictures as well. I'm not sure, but shouldn't the offset be .25mm? This is the first time I've encountered this issue, and thought it was the blade holder. I've changed the blade as well multiple times.

I appreciate any support provided.

post-95051-0-02724800-1454197430_thumb.j

post-95051-0-67290300-1454197460_thumb.j

I tried looking for that info on my titan 2 but i guess they are different.. My x and y are set at 1000. not sure what yours needs to be ,,heres the screen shot for you from inside the cutter setup in scalps tho..post-88251-0-56550500-1454198897_thumb.j

I'm looking at the cutters actual settings not in the software. Not sure if that matters. I'm using VM Pro.

offset looks fine - what did you find out when you called - from this thread on the same issue   (edit - topics merged so all info is available to anyone that helps) 

I received the blade holder, after business hours. I was just curious if the machine settings were set up correctly. I will call them first thing Monday.

The picture posted the second time is the same picture as the first so it is hard to see any difference. How are you setting the blade depth ?

I talked to support today, and made a video to send them with the issues I'm having. I spoke to Leland, and he sent ,me an email after consulting with the support team. He asked me to check the carriage which I did. He wrote in the email he will send me another carriage as they feel this is the issue. My issue is I've already replaced a motherboard in a cutter that's under 6 months old. I'm literally having to rebuild this machine.

I think it's in my best interest to return the machine under warranty, and get a replacement. I am losing work with all this downtime, and having to replace parts in the hope of fixing the machine without knowing  for sure if the replacement will for sure. This is what Leland explained to me about sending me another motherboard. He wanted to do that in the beginning, but said the odds of having two bad boards is like hitting the lottery.

To say I'm frustrated is really an understatement.

If you can afford it buy a Graphtec you will never look back 

• Like 2

I'm setting it using the post it note pad method of allowing just as much blade to poke through the head. I then draw a circle on the post it note pad till I get a cut of a circle on the first sheet without going through to the second. I set the blade depth at least 8 times, and nothing has changed.

I wish it was that easy.

This is the correct way to set your blade depth:

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting.(Vinyl thickness varies brand to brand, roll to roll)  You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should just barely see or feel the blade tip out of the blade holder.

And what brand of vinyl is that?  If that is  Greenstar vinyl, then get some better vinyl like Oracal 651.  It can make a world of difference on setting the blade correctly and using a good vinyl.

• Like 2

The issue is with the cutter, or carriage. The cutter is getting returned, and I'm buying a Graphtec (Mr300 is right). The blade depth is actually very easy to set using the post it not method. Once you can cut a single sheet of paper in a circular pattern your set. This method makes for very little trial, and error.

The issue to be careful I find is pressure. The idea is to let the blade do the work. Applying just enough pressure to mimic your cutters setting. If your using excessive pressure the blade can be under more stress making it wear out faster. This particular cutter has been gone over not just by myself, but with tech support. When I was told they weren't sure of the issue I realized it was time to return the unit. US cutter was excellent about returning the machine, and I was issued an RMA immediately, I will be purchasing the Graphtec from them if they offer price matching.

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

You tried your best....and so did US Cutter.

I'm sure you will be happy with your decision.

Sue2

I just ordered the Graphtec CE 6000 60. I asked US Cutter to match the price, and unfortunately they wouldn't. I really wanted to order it from them, but $300 above what I paid for a brand new unit is just to steep. I do printed graphics, so the vinyl they give you with it I don't need, and its certainly not worth $300.

Thank you for everyone's ideas, and support.

I'm having the same problem getting my test cut to align properly. I was hoping to hear it was a blade issue, or something similar. This machine is brand new.Just got it yesterday. Sigh, looks like I'll be making a phone call.

I'm having the same problem getting my test cut to align properly. I was hoping to hear it was a blade issue, or something similar. This machine is brand new.Just got it yesterday. Sigh, looks like I'll be making a phone call.
you are not making the plotter pull the vinyl off the roll are you? After that setting the blade depth properly and adding to the over cut usually does the trick

I set the blade depth by taking it out of the holder, and cutting a circle on vinyl. The circle cuts through the vinyl, but just barely leaves a mark on the wax paper underneath. I place it back in the machine, and adjust pressure accordingly. I had a machine before this one, that cut fine.

How do I add to the over cut? I'm not sure I understand that statement. Also, this test cut is from the machine, not the software, if that makes a difference.

• Like 1