gnarmy

cutter not working anymore

I've owned this cutter for a long time, it fell over and bent the serial port but still worked. After disobeying the 'if it's not broken don't fix it' rule, I disconnected the bent serial cord, bought a new rs232 , and when reattaching to the banged up serial port on the cutter I'm encountering 'can not open the output device. Error initializing cutter' , ive been reading the forums and most complain about a compromised usb port but this cutter is older and has a serial port that leads to something on the mother board that reads usb on the board. I'll attach a picture of the serial port, ive tried pushing the port and connector on the board back together to see if there's any connection but doesn't seem to be, does my rs232 have to be null modem specific? Should I get nerdy and re solder a new serial port onto the board in this one's place? I'm just wondering my options really and if I should bother getting a usb to serial adapter or trying to replace the , what seems to be broken , serial port that I've been using since day 1 to get this cutter to work?