Sign in to follow this  
kainth.c.s

the cutter overshoots in y axis (see pics)

Hello fellas

I recently did some strips for a car for covering some old paint damage using Creation PCUT CT0630

I noticed that while cutting the strips the cutter knife didn't finish at the same place thus giving a tail on one side( see attached).

Any ideas wherein I am going wrong please?:huh:??:huh:

These strips are 11 mm wide and 1800 mm long.

Also I noticed that the sheet starts to deviate when cutting the length of the strip, I mean the width is not uniform as if the sheet is slipping out of the rollers

My operated settings are as follows:

Speed 50

Press: 118

Offset:0.02

Regards

C.S.Kainth

post-94551-0-06575600-1452055699_thumb.j

post-94551-0-05122600-1452055735_thumb.j

Do you have any overcut set? I used to run about the same overcut as the offset number if I remember my setting from the P-Cut days. 

Do you just have the zero in the wrong place?  metric should be 0.25mm  offset  as a starting point. .

This is Metric  0.25mm   This is inches  0.00984252   same equivalent...      

Being in the US  I use Flexi in inches

This is your first post way back when you signed up to the forum.. stating you are using Flexi,    You have your offset at Inches    Knife offset : 0.009 in    So why are you now at 0.02?    0.51mm =0.02007874 in   What do your test cuts look like? 

USB cable as connection port

WIN XP SP03

Press: 118 units

Speed: 40 units (due to small decal size)

Blade 45 deg standard vinyl Blade (1.5 mm shank dia 23 mm length)

Knife offset : 0.009 in

Flexi 10 Basic version.

The cut is otherwise fine.The blade sticks out of the holder by 0.5 mm.

Please help as this issue is driving me insane.

Regards

SINGH

+61426141448

kainth.c.s@gmail.com

Tracking can be an issue at that length. Prefeeding the material can help sometimes.

So your doing  

11 mm = 0.43inches

1800mm = 70.87 inches

Hard to do on a value cutter.   Like KYSIGN said.

I usually run my cutters at .45 . Turn the feed speed down and pre-unroll. I know I wouldn't cut that on my SC as it becomes inaccurate after 36". My Titan I would.

Mz SKEETER

Sorry my mistake yes it is 0.2

KYSIGN

I couldn't get the term PREFEEDING. I usually leave about 100 mm on the front end to start. Is this something you mean by prefeeding

Wildgoose

No my friend I do not have any overcut set on the parameters

Regards

SINGH

Mz SKEETER

Buddy this overcut thing occurs only at the finishing corner, so I am thinking it is not the offset issue

What your opinion buddy?

Regards

SINGH

Prefeeding is to run the vinyl manually thru  the vinyl cutter and back with the arrows on your machine the entire amount of your order, And make sure the tracking is nice and straight..  You should have slack of over 1800mm vinyl pulled from your roll for this order.  Higher end cutters, can prefeed the vinyl automatically. a certain amount.

I just re-read your original and see how long you are trying to cut and agree with the others it's most likely a tracking issue. I would say with a value cutter you are probably lucky to get as close as you did! Ha ha! One option you might try on simple things like that strip is use the feature that I think flexi has that lets you cut in increments as you go. So I don't use flexi and can't tell you where to find the setting but it will cut everything within a user defined distance, lets say 12 inches, before moving along to the next 12 inches and so on until it gets to the end as is complete. It will allow longer runs on a cheaper cutter. If you don't have this you might try SignCut Pro (they have a 7 day free demo). This feature doesn't work as well with complicated designs like or lots of small text because the budget cutters aren't accurate enough to come back and connect all those connection points but for long simple stuff it can save your bacon. 

Mz SKEETER

Thanks for the info my friend. 

Wildgoose

Sure my friend I will have a lookout on this feature. Is it available on basic version or pro? Morever I am doubtful that cutting long lengths in increments may render start and stop marks on the vinyl strip. Can you or anyone who has used this feature put some light on this?

Eazy

No my friend it is not the file issue as I made the file in dxf and checked by importing in flexisign and exporting it back to dxf

It did  at the finishing of every long strip.

Regards

Singh

+61410060124

+61426141448

Mz SKEETER

Wildgoose

Eazy

Please have a look at the job I was talking about. The red strips at the bottom drove me crazy

Is it ok to have a liitle shift in the other axis when cutting long lengths as well? I carefully checked and found the width was exactly 10 mm at the start and it changed to 12 mm at the other end. It was as if the vinyl was slipping from the rollers. I used AVERY 900 SUPERCAST Hi gloss vinyl for this job

Regards

Singh

+61426141448

+61410060124

post-94551-0-80588800-1452292763_thumb.j

That is tracking problems,,,we asked you if you were prefeeding your vinyl.. You never answered..   It will be very hard for a value cutter to cut straight at those lengths. The vinyl has to be perfectly straight and never shift from top to bottom..  That is why we buy Graphtec and Roland vinyl cutters.  They are much more accurate with tracking.   Try Optimize cutting order in Flexi.  Also make sure your pinch rollers are placed the same amount in from each side of the vinyl.

Skeeter- I thought flexi had step-by-step cutting? No? 

Kainth- if you can't find a step-by-step function in your current software I strongly urge you to try out SignCut Pro for the free week the next time you have a pinstripe job. I had a 36"x 96" sign that had a large partial oval 3/4" wide stripe with a flat bottom that covered the entire expanse. So there was two 8ft long cuts that had to match up for the stripe to look accurate and the only way my old P-Cut got it done was with the step-by-step.  You are definitely experiencing tracking issues and there is nothing much you can do about that on the machine. They just aren't built for it. The step-by-step feature in SIgnCut just tackles a little at a time which is defined by you so I would do a foot at a time and see the results. 

Those stripes look really good in the pic. Maybe up close there are some inconsistencies. 

My Flexistarter has Optimize Cutting order and you choose the distance, then advance on.  But I use Tile.  It does not cut through the tiles,, It just cuts everything in the first tile, then next tile and so forth and advances on to the end. First tile photo I only used a few tiles.  2nd photo,  I used more tiles,,That can be changed to suit the design..The black lines are not cut thru. And you want a little overcut. post-3058-0-73425500-1452305605_thumb.jppost-3058-0-15018600-1452305637_thumb.jppost-3058-0-98353100-1452305727_thumb.jp

Mz SKEETER

Buddy I did check by prefeeding the vinyl before cutting. At prefeeding, it goes fine but it overshoots when cutting in actual. 

I am much more convinced that it is the tracking problem at such length.

I will keep all the checks you said and if it doesn't work may be I have to shift to some good machine.

Regards

Kainth

Wildgoose

Sure I will give the step by step cutting thing a try otherwise if things don't work out, I will have to shift to Sign cut pro.

Thanks a lot for the inputs

Regards

Kainth

I will post some files in continuation to this thread shortly.  I have converted those files from artwork and saved them as dxf.

Please feel free to use them in case you need

Thanks and regards

C.S.Kainth