Sign in to follow this  
jmiller

Can you cut from a Surface Pro 3?

Hey guys,

Thinking of picking up a new cutter and was wondering can you run the MH cutter from a Microsoft Surface Pro 3? It has a USB port on the side and all.

Thank you!

It would seem to me that VinylMasterCUT  (the OEM-supplied software for USCUTTER SC and LPII nodels, as well as the Titans) would work just fine.

If you have questions about VM, it's fully supported by Future Corp.

I'm only an inch away from ordering the LPII to make it into my primary cutter in  the sign shop, and hold the old MH in reserve. That price of $375. delivered (including a media catch-basket) is too attractive to pass up.

Honestly, the thing that bugs me is the bright red color of the end caps.

I'm considering taking them off, and plasti-dipping the 2 pieces another color (like bronze or even black).

It would seem to me that VinylMasterCUT  (the OEM-supplied software for USCUTTER SC and LPII nodels, as well as the Titans) would work just fine.

If you have questions about VM, it's fully supported by Future Corp.

I'm only an inch away from ordering the LPII to make it into my primary cutter in  the sign shop, and hold the old MH in reserve. That price of $375. delivered (including a media catch-basket) is too attractive to pass up.

Honestly, the thing that bugs me is the bright red color of the end caps.

I'm considering taking them off, and plasti-dipping the 2 pieces another color (like bronze or even black).

I started out with a LPII i loved it. Ive moved on to a titan 3 now and i couldn't be happier for the price.

If there was a Titan II (servo) in the 34" size, I would have already ordered it long ago.

I can't see why not. There are some possibilities here to consider. Some newer cutters come with Bluetooth connectivity too and it may be possible to connect that route as an option depending on what cutter you buy (EDIT: I didn't read your question properly, it seems you were asking about the MH model directly). Also, if your Surface Pro didn't work correctly as the main driving computer via USB for whatever reason, you could always use an older computer as the main driver and then share your cutter via network interface like a shared printer would be and go that route from the Surface. I mean if it can run the software (and SCALP is not resource intensive) then I can't see why not. But in case there is a problem, there are other options to consider. You can always buy a dedicated print server appliance (small network friendly device) and connect the cutter to it. Then connect to the Print Server from basically any networked computer...the Surface will fall into that category.