mondoboi

window template??

Ok so I have someone who wants to run a banner at the top of there windshield that fits the frame of the window. How do I get a template for this? I am no where near this car nor do i know anyone with one. its an 03 mitsubishi eclipes spyder. is there a site i can pay a couple bucks to get this template or anyone have it?  i attached a picture of what im meaning to do but to an eclipse

post-96581-0-03878300-1450200889_thumb.j

If your referring to the sun strip at the top, You don't need a template to do that..   It's nothing more than a rectangle, larger than the windshield. trimmed to fit..They can lower it as far as they want.....Except I do mask the ones I sell.   I have sold hundreds and hundreds that way.  Watch the video.   And many other videos on youtube

• Like 2

If your referring to the sun strip at the top, You don't need a template to do that..   It's nothing more than a rectangle, larger than the windshield. trimmed to fit..They can lower it as far as they want.....Except I do mask the ones I sell.  Watch the video.   And many other videos on youtube

That kind of looks like GS vinyl.

ok so yes its gunna be a sun strip and that was a great informative video but what if she wants words cut out of the vinyl, not an additional sticker put on top of it

oh never mind i would do it the same way, but with it masked that way all stays together and lays smoothly, sorry pretty new to this but trying to learn all the tips and tricks

The following is  if you are cutting it out on a cutter not on the vehicle ..You will need to get precise measurements then.they will either have to measure all areas needed or you will have to locate an identical vehicle....There is no way around it.. You will need measure the  top width and how much arc is there if any across the top, also measure the bottom width(usually use the mirror as a center point and the height from top to bottom of where rear view mirror mount is, I use the measurement from the bottom of rear view mirror mount to the top of glass for my height then measure side height and angle,....If the glass is arched across the top ,the best way is to lay a long enough  ruler across the top of the glass right below the metal trim that holds the glass in and if there is a arc you will see it in the corner areas on the top.Measure that gap and thats the amount of arc you need to make it fit the top of the windshield. So if you have a 1 1/2 inch gap in the corners then you know the arc is that measurement.      

This is just a sample i threw together really quick so dont laugh but  you should understand it.post-88251-0-93681700-1450207075_thumb.j

• Like 1

The problem with the arc measurement is car windows rarely maintain a consistent arc from the center out. Many times they kick up a lot at the ends.

• Like 1

I just did one recently for a customer. Will need the width of the windshield and then give the text a slight arc to contour to the shape. If you cut straight will end up looking like a "frown" on the car. 

• Like 1

The problem with the arc measurement is car windows rarely maintain a consistent arc from the center out. Many times they kick up a lot at the ends.

very true and good point i forgot..