NukleoN

Problems cutting a file!

Hi there,

I'm having problems cutting a customer's vector file. I don't know if this is;

1. Normal margin of error for an LP24
2. Problems with the cutter
3. Problems with the file
4. Unrealistic expectations

Here's a pic of the issue. Top image is the cut file, bottom is vector.

The original vector file is attached. Would anyone mind cutting this and showing me a pic of the results? Also, I'd like to know what machine you have and how you cut the file. I may also sub this out to someone if I can get a reasonable quote.

The original vector is here as a CS6 AI vector file.

http://nukleon.com/images/Pics/vinyl/BM_Logotype_Single.ai

Thanks!

Spacep0d
Cut_Issue.jpg

Here is what I got with the file. Oracal 751.  Graphtec FC7000  - a few tiny hangnails on on the C, one on the B.... edit:may be able to eliminate with lower speed...

d5689629-2a09-4f36-8279-708d8ccdcab9.jpg

post-4012-0-62945100-1449793983_thumb.jp

• Like 1

hi.

First thing, vector conversion of text will always look like crap.  Just type the text (Univers 75 in my SignBlazer fonts)

(NOTE:  I did not see Moto in the image above ---  that "M' is unique, who knows what the font for that is?)

Secondly, the vector of the logo didn't come out cleanly.  (your link to the file is not working)

Redid the vector (SignBlazer file attached)

if you don't have SBE, download and install it.

Easy peasy.

http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/GetAttachment/190/24198

Phone is broke, but it cut perfect  on my Graphtec CE-5000 no hang nails on anything

Here is how my B and C turned out-- 60 deg. blade. used-- still kind of see them... Best I can do my friend :)

post-4012-0-35501100-1449796734_thumb.jp

• Like 1

that "M' is unique, who knows what the font for that is?
type the text (Univers 75 in my SignBlazer fonts)

The letter "M" is most likely the same font as the rest of the letters but modified...

Also ,the text that was used is NOT Univers75...I believe it is  Gotham SSm (Medium)

Anyway, the problem definitely is not the file, it turned out perfect for me...

post-4069-0-07368200-1449802179_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Thanks everyone! Well, I am looking to get 50 in black and 50 in orange, but I can weed them myself to save labor cost. Will show these to the customer. Thanks! I'm trying to get out of a bind here because I don't think my cutter can do this cleanly.

hi.

First thing, vector conversion of text will always look like crap.  Just type the text (Univers 75 in my SignBlazer fonts)

(NOTE:  I did not see Moto in the image above ---  that "M' is unique, who knows what the font for that is?)

Secondly, the vector of the logo didn't come out cleanly.  (your link to the file is not working)

Redid the vector (SignBlazer file attached)

if you don't have SBE, download and install it.

Easy peasy.

http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/GetAttachment/190/24198

This was their vector file. Nothing to convert. :)

I ended up having to farm this out to a friend with a much better cutter. I lost this client but it prompted me to buy a Roland GS-24. ;)

• Like 2

On August 6, 2016 at 4:26 PM, NukleoN said:

I ended up having to farm this out to a friend with a much better cutter. I lost this client but it prompted me to buy a Roland GS-24. ;)

I'm sure you weren't necessarily wanting to invest that much in a cutter but it will pay for itself many times over. I went over 2 years with a budget machine and once I made the leap I wondered why I took so long to decide to do it. The stress and worry over every graphic goes away and the amount of errors drops to almost nothing. Multi layer cuts all of a sudden line up like you expected... too may good reasons to list. Enjoy!