Sign in to follow this  
mondoboi

Best transfer tape for me?

So I am part of a Huge car club and I create and make my own Decals for my cars, it got the attention of the club president and now wants to use me as his source for the clubs decals. I have done decals and just used transfer tape from hobby lobby. I want to get some good stuff and a large amount. Since I am doing car decals mainly for windows or wherever they stick them what would be the best transfer tape for me to buy. club president wants to buy from me in bulk, and I use oracal 651 as my vinyl of choice. what will be best since they may sit and i will not be doing the applying for anyone. 

so this would be a good one for decals that may not be placed right away. to my understanding the paper transfer tape is good for doing them right away, and the clear such as what you are telling me would be good for what im doing? just want clarification. also will this one you suggested be good for layered decals? o and thanks for your response

I like AT65 as stated above, but the strength on the roll I got seemed pretty strong. Just yesterday I used it on a printed decal onto a car window.  

I have used Rtape 4075 - and its done well with decals on glass. I have used it for years with no issues. I may trust Rtape 4075 more if there are lots of detail - thin segments in your design.

I would recommend stepping up your vinyl to 751. The cost is not a lot more and the weeding is easier as well as quality. For transfer tape I prefer paper high tack like 4076RLA

so mr wildgoose you suggest a paper tape even for selling them were they may sit somewhere for a while? haha wish i had lots of money to try all of them and see what I like best haha. Do you beleive 751 is worth it? I do understand that the 651 may slightly shrink but i have more than 5 decals on my car in 651 that have been there for over a year and very minimal change

so mr wildgoose you suggest a paper tape even for selling them were they may sit somewhere for a while? haha wish i had lots of money to try all of them and see what I like best haha. Do you beleive 751 is worth it? I do understand that the 651 may slightly shrink but i have more than 5 decals on my car in 651 that have been there for over a year and very minimal change

I would probably tell you to call and talk with the R-Tape tech people on long term sitting. I don't sell in a format that would need that. As far as 751 if the decal is really small (5" or less) you probably won't notice a problem with shrinkage or cracking for a lot of years. BUT if that same decal is small and detailed you may find it much easier to weed in 751 and save yourself more in time than the difference in price. Another great vinyl for detailed designs is the 3M/Gerber 225 series on the clear carrier (I think this is only available in 24" but not sure. I did a 100 5" square Christmas decals for a lady t put on some tiles and the weeding time difference between the first 15 that I did in 651 vs the rest in premium saved me about 2 hours of my time. 

• Like 1