Dwild

Pressure & Over sheets

After pressing a few shirts I am starting to wonder tricks for getting the pressure set to medium or heavy. Also with this what happens if you press a medium pressure htv with too much pressure or not enough is there warning signs to indicate if it's too much or not enough pressure?

On another note is a cover sheet laying on top of the htv needed?

More is better than not enough. The usual advice is to be sure you can see the pattern from the weave of the garment. This is easier on some colors and types of HTV than others. The worst that will usually happen would be squeezing out a little adhesive that you might see if you look close along the edges. As long as you get it up to temperature and get enough pressure HTV is pretty forgiving. It can handle more heat than it requires too. I have accidentally pressed some way too hot and it survived, Siser did anyway. 

I try to use a cover sheet but if you are just single layering and the carrier is covering it you can get by. You may eventually have to clean the platen but that's not the end of the world. I Like to use parchment paper like you use to back cookies. You can kind of see through it and get hundreds of presses before it starts looking brown and crisp. Nothing stick to it either. 

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll definitely get some parchment paper because I plan on layering some vinyl soon.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll definitely get some parchment paper because I plan on layering some vinyl soon.

• Like 1