Sign in to follow this  
mister c.

can i print using the uscutter mh871?

ok i know this questions is as newbie as they come and i should know the answer considering ive owned my cutter many many years....so can i print using the mh871 cutter? i dont mean print like a color printer...i guess you can call it "writing" more than printing. i remember when i recieved the cutter there was a piece that fit into the blade port of the cutter and it had a pen attached to it. since i purchased the cutter to cut vinyl i never really thought about what that piece was for. can that pen piece be used to write using the cutter? i only need thin black lines on white vinyl. thanks in advance. ;D

Yes if you still have the pen holder.

Sue2

as a matter of fact i just found the pen holder deep in the back of my junk drawer! hehe. still in its plastic wrap. thanks for your reply sue2....much appreciated! ill be giving this a try tonight. thanks again! ;D

hi sue2 i just had one more question...do you happen to know how much pressure (force) i should use with the pen holder if i wanted to write on stockboard?

mister c -- please remember to place the writing-pen holder in the FRONT position (if your holder is the old style, with dual holes).

rfpcrarm.jpg

thank you for that heads up Slice&Dice. i do indeed have the holder with the two holes. im using SignBlazer and was wondering if you (or anyone else here) knows how to go about adjusting the setting in SignBlazer so that the cutter writes where the lines are and doesnt try to cut around the edges of the black lines.

quick update...i was able to get the cutter to write with the pen although there is no way to get it to draw just a solid line. it actually draws a line on the edges of any solid line that there is in the image...so you get a double line on the cutter where there is a solid line on your screen. i actually didnt use the pen tool since the pen insert was not writing so instead i just used a regular pen in the holder with a pressure setting of 70 and that worked just fine. thanks again....

There are a couple programs out there that you can configure to fill in the open space. Maybe Flexi and possibly Signblazer. It would work ok with a felt tip maybe. I use my pen once in a while to trace out large posters for my kids and then they color them in for welcome home and happy birthday type events. Always a crowd pleaser.