Moody Blue

4x4 Splash Wrap

Another truck graphic from Moody...go figure  ;D

First time I have messed around with wrapping a cut graphic. Avery SW900 Matte Black....will never use any other material for vehicles after the ease of working with this. I have used it for solid wraps before but combined with R-Tape this was the easiest install I have done...even easier than my standard 4x4 decals with 751.Thicker material needs higher cut pressure but this would not have been possible to wrap around the bed using the 751 I would have normally cut this from...plus the air-release grid makes application a breeze and no need for a wet install. Applied both rear graphics, side sponsors (also cut from the Avery), trimmed, and post heated within an hour. I think there was more back and forth discussion on the design than actual production and application time. 

post-84967-0-24957100-1446040978_thumb.j

post-84967-0-30538800-1446040987_thumb.j

post-84967-0-21749600-1446040997_thumb.j

• Like 10

Thanks everyone. Yeah the color is great! Not to mention being from SC garnet and black is one of my favorite color schemes  ;D

• Like 2

What R-tape did you use? I've only used wrap vinyl for a few small things and I loved it so much that I've considered using it for a lot of vehicle stuff that I'd normally use 751 for.

I made myself a small decal out of 3M carbon fiber wrap recently and could not get app tape to stick to it at all, but that's probably because it was carbon fiber and not regular wrap vinyl. Also, if you think white is hard to weed because you can't see the lines, try carbon fiber!

What R-tape did you use? I've only used wrap vinyl for a few small things and I loved it so much that I've considered using it for a lot of vehicle stuff that I'd normally use 751 for.

I made myself a small decal out of 3M carbon fiber wrap recently and could not get app tape to stick to it at all, but that's probably because it was carbon fiber and not regular wrap vinyl. Also, if you think white is hard to weed because you can't see the lines, try carbon fiber!

Just the regular R-Tape nothing fancy. I have used this on carbon fiber also and not had any issues...only the fun of weeding lol

post-84967-0-80964700-1446121824_thumb.j

• Like 1

Nice job. Just checked the instagram. Your work is phenominal. Definitely an inspiration for me as a newb

Thanks  ;D

• Like 1

All about them Gamecocks! Even though they suck this year!

uggg yeah I have pretty much given up on watching the games this season. However after Saturday we have a good chance of making a comeback and maybe at least send the Tigers home in tears. That's about the only thing we have going this year...now we need a new coach and a good recruiter and we will be back in action. With the right staff we could maybe see an SEC championship in the near future. 

• Like 2

Maybe ya'll would like some GA coaches? Sounds like there's gonna be a few available pretty soon.

If they win games...which they do...then yes. 

Awesome stuff man!  This is what I hope to get into here in my area.  There are not many if any at all that do this sort of stuff.  So starting out small with window decals and what not.  

I'm diggin' that carbon fiber look too!  Just bought a roll myself.  

• Like 1

Did you design that splash design yourself? (Might be a crazy question!)

I did. Graphic Artist by trade so I do all my own artwork.