Sign in to follow this  
NickiZ

Vinyl on paper

Not exactly sure where this should go so I'm trying it here.

I have a bunch of scrap vinyl and would like to cut my logo and put it on paper bags I have for when I sell shirts.  I realize a rubber stamp would probably be easier but I want to use up some of these scraps.

Sooo - here's my question.  How do I transfer the cut image?  Regular transfer tape is not going to let go (I don't think) without ripping up the bag.  Or would it be better to just use my heat vinyl scraps and the heat press?

Sooo - here's my question.  How do I transfer the cut image?  Regular transfer tape is not going to let go (I don't think) without ripping up the bag. 

Well only one way to find out!  But I think you should be fine using "regular" transfer tape, I don't believe it would damage your paper bag. Give it a shot.

• Like 1

You could try using contact paper.  The cheap stuff from the dollar store.  I've played around with it in the past.  Definitely not the ideal transfer tape material, but it kind of works okay.  It has a lower tack than app tape, but is usually still sticky enough to remove vinyl from its backing.

Or, try taking your transfer tape and sticking it to some fabric before using it to load it up with some fibers/dust to reduce the tack.

• Like 1

That seems like a perfect way to devalue your work. If you can give away decals on a bag then...

So here is what I was trying to do!  It worked with only one little sticky spot on one bag. 

post-52104-0-79727000-1444525752_thumb.p

• Like 2

How much do you charge for a decal that size? How much are you charging for that bag? Nothing? Why would I pay $x for a decal that size when they are apparently worth so little you give them away.

How much is your time worth? How much did that bag and decal cost you after your time?

The bag is a merchandise bag for when I deliver shirts I've created for an order.  Yes, it's a give-away.  But it's my brand.  Do you ask the same questions of the stores who brand their bags?

They are guessing what the customer might think. "Why did I pay $xxx for decals when they stick them on bags and give them away?". Sounds like you are selling shirts, so probably not an issue. To each their own.

• Like 1

I'm confused why this idea seems to be upsetting you.

I'm not upset at all. I just think you are wasting valuable time and money and explained why. I think it's an interesting idea but not economical.