randalle

American flag - vinyl colors?

Curious if anyone has done an American flag with vinyl.  I'm looking to do a couple flags with Oracal 751 and have a red choice I like.... but I'm up in the air on the Blue.

I was thinking 537 / Deep blue.

This is going on white max metal.  

Anyone got any inside info on a good shade of blue that would work great in this application?

These are the official colors if you want it the right way:

Old Glory Blue

Pantone: 282C,

RGB: 0, 33, 71

CMYK: 100, 87, 37, 51

Old Glory Red

Pantone: 193C,

RGB: 187, 19, 62

CMYK: 8, 100, 77, 1

White

RGB: 255, 255, 255

CMYK: 0, 0, 0, 0

• Like 1

Thanks Tyler!

I ordered King Blue, it seems very, very close.  If it isn't, I'll take it back and keep looking.

• Like 1

I don't think it'll really matter. The official colors are kind of dull, and I like brighter.

• Like 2

I don't think it'll really matter. The official colors are kind of dull, and I like brighter.

I'm in agreement with you on that. I don't think they had the colors available like we do now or it would have been a little brighter IMO.

dang and all I was usin was roland cyan, magenta, yellow and black   :(

That's a sweet looking layout Scott!

• Like 1

Curious if anyone has done an American flag with vinyl.  I'm looking to do a couple flags with Oracal 751 and have a red choice I like.... but I'm up in the air on the Blue.

I was thinking 537 / Deep blue.

This is going on white max metal.  

Anyone got any inside info on a good shade of blue that would work great in this application?

Well you can really use any shade of blue and red that you like, personally I prefer a royal blue shade vs dark blue, as for the red I like a somewhat bright red...

You can use google images for American flags and you will find images of flags that are all sorts of shades so really just do what you prefer, especially if you are making them for yourself.

https://www.google.com/search?q=american+flag&biw=1600&bih=770&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMIjabf4NuLyAIVzHuSCh3GnwFT&dpr=1

This is America. You can choose any color of blue that you want!

Color is all in your head anyway. The square on the bottom is the exact same color as the square on the top. Hold something up so that it covers the middle part were they meet and see for yourself.

post-6882-0-06328400-1442970871_thumb.jp

• Like 1

dang and all I was usin was roland cyan, magenta, yellow and black   :(

That done on your new sp-300i??

the sp300v that is for sale

I'm blown away by the quality.  My Gerber thermal could never produce that quality, not sure if the newer FX or Summa DC5's could but that is just awesome!

• Like 1

Tomk I have bought from Scott in the past and everything he has printed for me looked that good

• Like 1

Tomk I have bought from Scott in the past and everything he has printed for me looked that good

Sure looks like it.

I was on the fence of buying a new summa thermal or roland inkjet, I think seeing the image from Scott made up my mind!

Tom

Ask Scott if he has a picture of his autism stickers. You can really see how the solid colors pop which in my experience that is where a good printer shines.

Sure looks like it.

I was on the fence of buying a new summa thermal or roland inkjet, I think seeing the image from Scott made up my mind!

Tom

Headed to the local Roland dealer on Friday to look at the VS-300i.  That's the sound of my bank account being emptied out...

I know the feeling and I buy used lol - still hurts.  on the foil printers how do they handle the gradient shading?

Ask Scott if he has a picture of his autism stickers. You can really see how the solid colors pop which in my experience that is where a good printer shines.

post-2742-0-86836900-1443048007_thumb.jp

post-2742-0-47880000-1443048014_thumb.jp

• Like 2