xpaperman

Background removal

What's the best way to remove the background in a jpg? This could not be an easier one to do. Simple signature done with sharpie on a white piece of paper. When scanned the paper scans too. I want the signed with no background. Thanks

If you have Photoshop, go to- Image>Adjustments>Threshold. This will create a black and white image with no middles. The setting is adjustable and should work for this purpose.

thanks for the info!  I used the stencilgram that Primal suggested.  I didn't really remove the background but got it to a state that I could clean it up in corel photo.

Is this InPixio ONE program or several?

Their website is not very clear.

It looks like they are selling the different editing functions

(Editor, Photo-Clip, Eraser, Focus & Photo Maximizer)

each separately......

Sue2

Corel Photo has a cutout lab built in I believe.  If you don't use the lab just use the magic wand tool and set the tolerance to an acceptable value.

• Like 1

Corel Photo has a cutout lab built in I believe.  If you don't use the lab just use the magic wand tool and set the tolerance to an acceptable value.

Photoshop works similar to CorelDraw here too.

Sue2

Found a very good one ,i tried it and liked it a lot so far ,its free as well online.  here you go.http://editphotosforfree.com/photoapps/remove-background-from-image-online/#

Step 1. upload your image.

Step  2.  use the YELLOW circle button to make a border around the image you want to keep.

Step 3. Click the GREEN + BUTTON and draw (or paint) over the image you want to keep(this is your foreground.You can just try drawing a few lines as well instead of masking the whole thing  and it will let you modify if needed after you convert.

Step 4. Use the RED - Button to mark the background that you want deleted from the image.

Hit convert ( The large blue arrow in the middle of the screen) anytime to see how it will look. you can click refine and make changes anytime and will save what you have done.  save etc.

I saw this posted before.

https://clippingmagic.com/

I have a subscription to Clipping Magic and use it regularly - I am *NOT* an artist and not good with digital manipulation of raster based images and so a tool that does most of the work for me where I just have to highlight the parts I want to keep and the parts I want to get rid of works great for me.

It costs me $2.99 per month for 15 credits per month (1 image download = 1 credit) and I had stockpiled a bunch of credits, but I've done a lot of bitmap work recently and used up most of my stockpile...

If you have Photoshop or PhotoPaint or other software, they all include similar features, but require a lot of twiddling and adjustments to get the same result and my time is worth more than what it costs to maintain a subscription to Clipping Magic.  It costs me about $0.20 to download a finished image and saves me several minutes of fiddling and fine tuning, so I consider it a bargain.

Is this InPixio ONE program or several?

Their website is not very clear.

It looks like they are selling the different editing functions

(Editor, Photo-Clip, Eraser, Focus & Photo Maximizer)

each separately......

Sue2

One program 

I have a subscription to Clipping Magic and use it regularly - I am *NOT* an artist and not good with digital manipulation of raster based images and so a tool that does most of the work for me where I just have to highlight the parts I want to keep and the parts I want to get rid of works great for me.

It costs me $2.99 per month for 15 credits per month (1 image download = 1 credit) and I had stockpiled a bunch of credits, but I've done a lot of bitmap work recently and used up most of my stockpile...

If you have Photoshop or PhotoPaint or other software, they all include similar features, but require a lot of twiddling and adjustments to get the same result and my time is worth more than what it costs to maintain a subscription to Clipping Magic.  It costs me about $0.20 to download a finished image and saves me several minutes of fiddling and fine tuning, so I consider it a bargain.

Try the free download I bet it will work as good if not better than the one you are paying for ...

post-2057-0-51042700-1442756333_thumb.jp

At what level does Vinyl master unlock the transparent background? I have 5.0 LTR.....frustrating to keep upgrading for a single tool enhancement. It seems it used to work previously as well....not sure how I did it though, didn't use any other software.

image.png.e7acf83e53548fee3b569673503e8b1e.png

I don't believe JPG supports transparencies. Try exporting as a PNG and see if you get that option.

I don't believe JPG supports transparencies. Try exporting as a PNG and see if you get that option.

Correct.  (original).jpg does not support transparent background.

Raster file formats that support transparency: TIFF, GIF, PNG, JPEG 2000, TGA, and BMP. 

PhotoShop Elements is a good tool, and reasonably priced when you find it on sale. It has a perpetuity license (unlike the standard PhotoShop).