randalle

AT 60 wet install

I recently tried some AT60 because I had never tried low tack before.  As an added bonus, it works pretty darn well with wet app too.  Anyone else use AT60?  Like it?  Hate it?

I like it more than 65 which has been my primary clear tape.  I also use 4075 / 4076 when I need paper tape.

My last roll of AT60 is sitting in the corner...would not lift Oracal 651 or 751 off the carrier sheet. I let the kids play with it.

AT65 is awesome and hasnt let me down. No wet experience with it- for wet I have used Rtape 4075 or something like that.

It's generally recommended to use paper tape for wet install. I'm glad plastic tape is working for you. I saw a installer using plastic tape a few days ago and it was comical. It didn't help that he was wet installing 641. He had adhesive everywhere.

• Like 1

lol  bet it was funny, AT65 is made for wet install . The reason I tired it I watched a promo video from them  using it for wet installs

Made for it or not I won't use it for wet. You are losing half of the benefit of a wet install by not being able to soften up the tape to get it off after you squeegee. I don't do much wet work anymore, just too slow. 

• Like 2

I need to get back on trying to use paper on big stuff.  I had some bad luck with bubbles and likely prematurely blamed the paper instead of the process.  I have learned some patience since my last complete disaster / failure.

• Like 1

I hear ya. Bubbles are just squeegee technique most often. Dakota linked some squeegee training videos/articles a few years back and I went through them and learned a lot. Helped my skill set 200% and have had very few issues since. Some of it is still things that will take me another decade to master particularly since my business model has shifted strongly toward garments but I practice every sign job I get.

Wildgoose, any chance you've still got a link to the squeege techinique videos?

JS

I looked but can't find it. Dakota posted the original link and it was a long time ago. Like 4 years probably. Gosh they might have been just articles with pictures, it's been so long now that I forget.