dansell

Graphtec and Vinylmaster

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="dansell" data-cid="415517" data-time="1459054166"><p>

Hmmm... that is one thing that bugs me, I will have to check that out. I still love this machine! Thanks for the update!</p></blockquote>

Ya, I wouldn't settle until I figure it out. Another issue I have, is that regardless of the type connection, pc used, or software, the graphtec gets off scale. Like a circle becomes a slight oval. If I toggle between simple and advanced menus on the machine or sometimes just luck it goes back to normal and works a while. No pattern.

OK... follow up on my "oval" issue... a big old DUH moment. I wasn't always placing my media in the grit part when I pinched down. The graphtec uses raised grit versus my old cutter which was the same diameter just "nicked up" in certain locations. So with the raising of those grip parts it changes the diameter of the roller, which changes the rate the machine is calibrated to feed. Really felt dumb after I realized.

So ya.. Like the graphtec guide says "keep the pinch rollers under the designated blue squares". Doh!

Just a follow-up, I discovered that with the language changed to hpgl the graphtec didn't "advance after cut" properly in vinylmaster (worked in signblazer), it actually went the opposite way. After a few ... long... hours I tried different languages and found hpgl_rel fixed this and still cuts properly.

hpgl-rel where, in the Graphtec or VM?

I cant find a hpgl-rel language in my graphtec.

But I also cant advance after cut and Id like to get that fixed.

Found hpgl-rel in the VM vinyl spooler settings like the screen shot on the first page of this thread. 

Seems to advance after the cut now. I just have to make sure I can contour cut with it in this language. 

This forum is great!

• Like 1

Thanks! I'm going to try this! I also wish that I didn't have to poll the vinyl evertime... I know how much room I have lol

You HAVE to poll every time? I cant poll the machine. The option isnt highlighted. Id like to be able to when I have a small piece of scrap that I want to use. 

Thanks! I'm going to try this! I also wish that I didn't have to poll the vinyl evertime... I know how much room I have lol

If you are referring to the cutter measuring the vinyl width every time at start up, then go into background settings and disable the media sensor... I disabled pinch roller and media sensor on day 1.  Then you can put the carriage head closer to the vinyl edge and save more vinyl ...

• Like 1

This topic saved the day again after getting a new pc and setting up my Graphtec again!  Still love my Graphtec and Vinylmaster after all this time!