dansell

Graphtec and Vinylmaster

Does anyone get good cuts with their Graphtec 6000 and Vinyl Master Pro?

I hope someone can help me. I finally bought my Graphtec CE 6000.  I was using Vinylmaster pro with a Laserpoint. I have Windows 8.1. I have talked with US cutters last week several times and they deemed that it is the software and not my new cutter. I get good cuts with Graphtec Studio and Illustrator with the Cutting master 3 plug in. The issue is that how I do all of my weekly orders, VInyl master is the most efficient and I like the weeding options better. I have a support ticket in at Vinylmaster but I am still waiting. Bade offset is at 0

Here are some images of the the cuts that I am getting with VInylmaster. I have the language set at GPGL.  I sure hope that I have provided enough information. 

Thank you in advance for any help.

post-25562-0-27022400-1440105954_thumb.j

post-25562-0-59767400-1440105964_thumb.j

post-25562-0-99475000-1440105980_thumb.j

I get this error message ( changed through the machine menu) I hit enter to confirm and tried to cut and it just said processing, and machine went to ready, but nothing cut and no other messages popped up.

post-25562-0-56817000-1440107036_thumb.j

Oh and I have uninstalled and reinstalled vmp too.... with a pc restart. Just tryin to tell you all what I have tried. :)

Have your downloaded the Ce6000 driver from the website? Or your CD?   Many others are using Vinyl Master with their Graphtecs.

I downloaded the driver from graphtec site.... I also went through the VMP wizard to install the driver

So make sure it says HP-GL in your cutting software as well as your vinyl cutter.  Maybe someone using Vinyl Master can help you.  I use Flexistarter software, which also has to be on HP-GL command language.

I don't know anything about Vinyl Master. but any software that you use other than Graphtec software has to be on HP-GL

Hot Damm!!!!! I could kiss you all!!!! Thank you so much!!!! The HPGL needed to be set in the software as well as the machine!!!!!! You guys are AWESOME!!!!!! 

post-25562-0-30946700-1440108415_thumb.j

• Like 2

Command should be HP-GL  for any software other than Graphtec language  which is GP-GL

I'm sorry Mz. Skeeter has been telling you to change it to  HP-GL Since her first post why didn't you just read her first comment and follow through? She is very very knowledgeable with the Graphtecs. I know I know frustration over ruled any calm thinking right? been there done that.

I'm sorry Mz. Skeeter has been telling you to change it to  HP-GL Since her first post why didn't you just read her first comment and follow through? She is very very knowledgeable with the Graphtecs. I know I know frustration over ruled any calm thinking right? been there done that.

I did follow through with the first suggestion, I changed it to HPGL on the machine and that is when I got the error message on my machine that  I posted a picture of. I was unaware of needing to change it in the software program too. She then told me to change it in the software too and it fixed my issue, so I DID follow through with her instructions from the very get go. 

Mz Skeeter - I thank you again for your help!!

• Like 4

I did follow through with the first suggestion, I changed it to HPGL on the machine and that is when I got the error message on my machine that  I posted a picture of. I was unaware of needing to change it in the software program too. She then told me to change it in the software too and it fixed my issue, so I DID follow through with her instructions from the very get go. 

Mz Skeeter - I thank you again for your help!!

I know you did I saw the test cut. I've been in a funk all day and I let loose sorry.

No problem - I'm just happy that I got it working and thought if I posted step by step of what I was doing and the messages that I got, it might help someone else if they have the same issue. 

• Like 4

Look at that, mine wasnt set to HPGL either. You save the day again Mz Skeeter.

I was thinking my cuts were a little off since I installed vinylmaster. 

• Like 1

Add another person saved by this post. I spent from 12 noon to 11 pm trying to figure out why my laserpoint cutter was cutting better than the new graphtec CE6000-60.... Set machine and vinylmaster to hp-gl and good as gold.

THANKS!

Add another person saved by this post. I spent from 12 noon to 11 pm trying to figure out why my laserpoint cutter was cutting better than the new graphtec CE6000-60.... Set machine and vinylmaster to hp-gl and good as gold.

THANKS!

that's the beauty of the forum - it helps more people night and day without the phone calls to support

• Like 1

Just a follow-up, I discovered that with the language changed to hpgl the graphtec didn't "advance after cut" properly in vinylmaster (worked in signblazer), it actually went the opposite way. After a few ... long... hours I tried different languages and found hpgl_rel fixed this and still cuts properly.

Hmmm... that is one thing that bugs me, I will have to check that out. I still love this machine! Thanks for the update!