When you called tech support, did they run through some tests to see if it was your motherboard via the phone?

Mine had been cutting absolutely perfect for over a year up until about 2 month ago and now the corners aren't as sharp and I'm having to use more pressure - like you (I'm used to using about 30g-36g of force). Along with the corners not being sharp, it is they are peeling up while being cut, causing a big bump on every corner of the cut.

That probably doesn't make sense, but mannnnn it's really ruining everything!

When was the last time you changed your blade?  Have you looked to see it the blade tip is not broken off.? How does your cutting strip look?  No scratches or gouges?  Nice and smooth?

In case you don't know proper way to set blade depth

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

• Like 1

Hahah Skeeter, I love that you posted that blade depth clip, because I've seen you post it llke 2 or 3 other times while searching around the forums. I bought new blades about a month ago and did the blade depth correctly so it (shouldn't) be that. Cutting strip is still nice and smooth.

I literally can't think of what it could be because it seemed to go from 100 to 0 REAL quick. I'm curious if there's a way to send it in to be serviced or what not.

When you called tech support, did they run through some tests to see if it was your motherboard via the phone?

Mine had been cutting absolutely perfect for over a year up until about 2 month ago and now the corners aren't as sharp and I'm having to use more pressure - like you (I'm used to using about 30g-36g of force). Along with the corners not being sharp, it is they are peeling up while being cut, causing a big bump on every corner of the cut.

That probably doesn't make sense, but mannnnn it's really ruining everything!

Yes Tech support had me do a couple different cuts. Deffinetly call the tech line they are great to work thru the issue

FIXED!!! and running PERFECT. Not a hard replacement, but dang do they put enough glue on the connections at the factory LOL

what is your end result for pressure now that its up and  running again?

what is your end result for pressure now that its up and  running again?

51G is lowest that I take it down to now. The tech said the carriage are super heavy duty and didnt recomend going lower then 49G

51G is lowest that I take it down to now. The tech said the carriage are super heavy duty and didnt recomend going lower then 49G

Ok thanks, when i first got my titan2 i found people saying they were around 102 so i just started at there and from what wildgoose says i checked my cuts again and my blade holder is actually rubbing across my material,So im hoping that lowering my pressure i will still get the good cuts im getting without any issues.Soooo im gonna drop it to about 70? and do a test on scrap. i have double checked and triple checked my blade depth and im not cutting into the backing paper at all, only the vinyl layer and on test paper test as well , thats why i never thought my pressure was to much but after actually paying attention to my holder actually sliding on the vinyl makes me concerned..Thank you guys.

Hey folks. First time posting here. I have been searching and reading and stilll am just a little confused. I have a Titan 2 for about two weeks now and so far so good. My only concern is that I may be not be doing something right. Seems to good to be true right!!! Currently I have my speed set to 290 and force @ 90g for the GrenStar 631 and Oracal 631 starter kit that came with it. Are these settings to high? I did the blade calibration on a scrap peice of vinyl and it was just how you all have described. Cutting only vinyl and not the wax backing. Let me know your thoughts - All help is greatly appreciate.

I bought my Titan 2 used and it came preset to 66.  Haven't changed it and have not had any issues.  Cuts like a charm!  (and quiet as ...... welll, it makes NO noise!)

• Like 2

What I've noticed with my NEW T2 is if I run pressure below around 35, the holder won't even drop. Bump it up and it works perfectly.

i run my pressure at 27g-30g for 651 & 751 vinyl. For my Mossy oak camo I run it at 42g. I did give a slight blade depth increase also. I did the test cut by hand to make proper depth and then gave it  just a nudge more and bam, perfect....I used to run it at 90g before i made my own adjustment and i noticed that my blade holder would try to pull up the vinyl.I backed it off to those numbers and now no issues at all.

i run my pressure at 27g-30g for 651 & 751 vinyl. For my Mossy oak camo I run it at 42g. I did give a slight blade depth increase also. I did the test cut by hand to make proper depth and then gave it  just a nudge more and bam, perfect....I used to run it at 90g before i made my own adjustment and i noticed that my blade holder would try to pull up the vinyl.I backed it off to those numbers and now no issues at all.
. I have some 651 on its way, I think I will try some of the different pressure settings. Keeping an open mind that every cutter is different off the line. Whats your speed set to?
  • Like 1

. I have some 651 on its way, I think I will try some of the different pressure settings. Keeping an open mind that every cutter is different off the line. Whats your speed set to?

It depends on how intricate of a cut im doing,If there is fine stuff or small font like (1/2"-1"  etc like the Butterfly one ) i run it at 70-90  or so, if its bigger stuff or large images like the window front i will run it at 300-400 . All depends on the detail ..

post-88251-0-79273000-1446243161_thumb.jpost-88251-0-40125300-1446243264_thumb.j

• Like 1