So over the last couple weeks, I have been increasing the pressure on my Titan2 to cut. Normal pressure for me is 39 with double cut for my Cadcut HTV, and 49-52 for regular vinyl. Now I am 120 for normal vinyl. So called Tech support, and it is the Motherboard failing, they shipped out the new one as I was on the phone. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: It will be here Monday or Tues. If it fails completly before then, I have the SC as a back-up.

Glad you got it figured out and that you have a back up... Always a great idea to have a back up...  I hope you can get it back  to normal soon.  ;D

• Like 2

Glad you got it figured out and that you have a back up... Always a great idea to have a back up...  I hope you can get it back  to normal soon.  ;D

Thanks

My wife thinks it's funny I upgrade but keep the old. I told this is exactly why B)

• Like 3

Thanks

My wife thinks it's funny I upgrade but keep the old. I told this is exactly why B)

That is smart. Now your making me think about not selling my MH then again the thing doesnt do a good enough job to care in my book. Specially after using the Graphtec.

• Like 1

Wait my default force is set to 134g ,that is what I have been cutting on!! Is that way to high???

Wait my default force is set to 134g ,that is what I have been cutting on!! Is that way to high???

I normally cut reflective @ 130... The first Tech I talked with cuts at 52 on his personal machine.... How deep into the liner are you cutting at that force?

Barley touching the backer as advised

If it works and does it well, I say if it ain't broke don't fix it....

• Like 1

I don't know that the numbers are all that accurate especially on chinese made cutters so 134g on yours might equal 100g on someone else's machine. The important thing is to have it set like it sounds like you do, just cutting through the vinyl. 

• Like 2

I have my setting at 102 and ive been using it from day one on my titan 2 for 651 and 751 vinyl, cuts perfect ...so far my smallest cut ive taken it down to for my own testing has been at a small .40 of an inch and cutting at speed around 28 with perfect results..

Even 2 graphtecs may be slightly different. Production tolerancee.

• Like 1

There are so may variables that the likelihood of numbers compared online being accurate is slim. Generally speaking they are probably pretty close with higher end machines (Summa, Graphtec, Roland)  but there are all the other factors to consider like age of vinyl and humidity and temperature levels effecting the cut all stacked on top of electrical servos. Primal you are probably overcutting on the 751 if you are using the same settings as 651. That may or may not yield any negative results but some day it could. I have overcut 751 and had it pull the backing up with some of the vinyl. Not fun when you are 10ft in the air on a ladder putting it on a sign. Luckily I had a helper that day who could hold the tape and let me scamper for a pair of tweezers to pick those little pieces off. I would hate to sell something like that to a client and have them have issues on a self install or something. 

• Like 2

There are so may variables that the likelihood of numbers compared online being accurate is slim. Generally speaking they are probably pretty close with higher end machines (Summa, Graphtec, Roland)  but there are all the other factors to consider like age of vinyl and humidity and temperature levels effecting the cut all stacked on top of electrical servos. Primal you are probably overcutting on the 751 if you are using the same settings as 651. That may or may not yield any negative results but some day it could. I have overcut 751 and had it pull the backing up with some of the vinyl. Not fun when you are 10ft in the air on a ladder putting it on a sign. Luckily I had a helper that day who could hold the tape and let me scamper for a pair of tweezers to pick those little pieces off. I would hate to sell something like that to a client and have them have issues on a self install or something. 

I did a test cut again to compare my cuts with the 651 and 751 and they both seem to have the exact amount barely even scoring the backing paper with my current settings,So either im just lucky or ?. Since im still 8 months new to this i had to check cause i dont want to have problems later like you stated.Thank you for pointing it out, But so far all is good..lol

I did a test cut again to compare my cuts with the 651 and 751 and they both seem to have the exact amount barely even scoring the backing paper with my current settings,So either im just lucky or ?. Since im still 8 months new to this i had to check cause i dont want to have problems later like you stated.Thank you for pointing it out, But so far all is good..lol

That's weird. I wonder if your blade is actually borderline too short (which would possibly be a first for someone new). If your blade holder is actually rubbing on the vinyl it could be holding it up from going too deep. If you aren't having issues I guess run with it but it would bother me not knowing. I run my blade holder so there is just a very slight hint of clearance on 3 mil (greenstar) vinyl. I get down and shine a light while it's cutting and make sure I can just barely see clearance between the holder and vinyl. The difference on down to 2 and 2.5 mil is so small it makes no difference. 

• Like 1

That's weird. I wonder if your blade is actually borderline too short (which would possibly be a first for someone new). If your blade holder is actually rubbing on the vinyl it could be holding it up from going too deep. If you aren't having issues I guess run with it but it would bother me not knowing. I run my blade holder so there is just a very slight hint of clearance on 3 mil (greenstar) vinyl. I get down and shine a light while it's cutting and make sure I can just barely see clearance between the holder and vinyl. The difference on down to 2 and 2.5 mil is so small it makes no difference. 

I have re-checked to make sure the blade only cuts thru 1 layer of paper and not 2 and its also not cutting into the paper backing as well. so what else can be checked if its cutting the layer it needs to be and not causing issues for me ?

• Like 1

FIXED!!! and running PERFECT. Not a hard replacement, but dang do they put enough glue on the connections at the factory LOL

• Like 1

FIXED!!! and running PERFECT. Not a hard replacement, but dang do they put enough glue on the connections at the factory LOL

when you pack several hundred of them in a shipping container and sent it across the ocean you don't want them working loose in the high seas before delivery

• Like 2

when you pack several hundred of them in a shipping container and sent it across the ocean you don't want them working loose in the high seas before delivery

Oh i know, Just funny how much. It was like a glue gun exploded :lol: :laugh: :lol:

• Like 3