Sign in to follow this  
ssimsa

Lines not coming out straight on SC 34

So I've owned this cutter for over a year and a half now.. Have had a few issues but nothing I couldn't fix.. Recently the cutter hasn't been able to cut straight lines very crisp as it was a few days ago. Tried switching to 60 degree blade a few days ago and that may have been the issue, just switched back to the 45 degree and still having the issue. One source I found about these symptoms says to adjust the blade offset but I don't see that setting on the SC's control panel. Here are a few sample shots of what's going on..

Here's a shot from the beginning of the cut then towards the end of the roll it gets even sloppier:

SEkXDXfl.jpg

YmWLKBrl.jpg

It really shows in the Es and the Hs.. 

Settings shown are 400mm/s speed and 200g pressure. Just oiled the blade holder as another tutorial said may fix the issue.. 

Thoughts?

Thank you for your time!

Changing the blade offset is in your cutting software.  You don't state what cutting software you are using.  You need better close up pictures,,of the letters...  If this is the only file it is happening to ,  zoom your design up on wire frame and look at the letters,,  It may be the design it's self

• Like 1

Offset only affects corners. If it is the line itself I'd check to make sure nothing has gotten loose like your grit roller or that the carriage that goes side to side is still in it's track.

Nope same thing is happening to all of my designs. Everything from Outlined text like shown to custom vectored illustrations that I've never had an issue cutting. 

I seeee, Didn't think about the software, I'll look that up now. I'm just using Sure-Cuts-a-lot 3... What are some tips or benefits you could tell me about better softwares like flexisign? Personally I have a background in graphic design and make everything in Illustrator and just upload an SVG to SCAL3 to cut... 

Make sure there is no vinyl scraps in your blade holder... Try a drop or 2 of light oil in blade holder.  Make sure no gouges in teflon cutting strip.

Ahhhh the cutting stripe! How much of a difference can changing this make? Actually it is quite worn, I ordered a new one but haven't gotten around to changing it out.

Ahhhh the cutting stripe! How much of a difference can changing this make? Actually it is quite worn, I ordered a new one but haven't gotten around to changing it out.

It makes a big difference..   Change it..