akorcovelos

Won't print .png image with registration marks for contour cut

Hi, I am pretty new to vinyl cutting but I've gotten pretty good at basic sign lettering and one color window decals, as well as layered multi-color decals. I'm now trying y hand at contour cutting printed vinyl decals and I've hit a wall...In SCAL3pro I'm trying to print the image (.png brought in from Inkscape) but it either prints only the registration marks, or it errors out on the plotter saying 'no pages were generated'. Plotter is an Oce Colorwave 650.

My main question is, how do you print a .png image with registration marks from SCAL? I've searched high and low and only see reference to Signblazer or other software that didn't come with my Laserpoint II cutter. Since this is thesoftware that was provided with the cutter, and the LPII is supposedly a contour cutting machine, what am I doing wrong?

I've been going to the File>Print menu, selecting the plotter and checking the Print with registration marks' and 'Print outlines only'. I've also tried checking only the 'Print with registration marks' and still no luck...This seems like it should be a simple thing, but it has me stumped. Does anyone have experience with this, or know of any tutorials that actually relate to SCAL?

I tried to attach the file in question but it says it's too big.

Thanks!

I think this is what your looking for......In SCAP3 .......Click on the "cutter" tab......In the menu click "Cut with USCutter " or at least thats what mine says... In the window that pops up sould be a button that says print and cut at the bottom click and follow instructions.

Yes dssam is correct you will want to use the print feature from the cutter menu when you go and cut. The File> Print is just like printing a word doc and no registration marks will come with it.