BannerJohn

Sad Day for me.

Today,my mother passed away.She was 92 and active up until 3 weeks ago. She was suffering and passed peacefully in her sleep.

I am saying this because for the next few days I will not be able to pay as much attention to the forum as I usually do, so help is needed from you guys to keep us informed if anything needs attention. Jaybird will wake up if he gets a notice, Ha Ha.

I am so sorry to hear that but at least there is no more suffering. My prayers are with you and your family.

• Like 2

Sorry for your loss John,    I know you were close and enjoyed her for a lot of good years ... 

• Like 2

A sad day indeed.

I offer this, perhaps it will provide some comfort:

When Will I Be Myself Again by Rabbi Lewis John Eron
“When will I be myself again?”
Some Tuesday, perhaps,
In the late afternoon,
Sitting quietly with a cup of tea,
And a cookie;
Or Wednesday, same time or later,
You will stir from a nap and see her;
You will pick up the phone to call her;
You will hear her voice – unexpected advice –
And maybe argue.
And you will not be frightened,
And you will not be sad,
And you will not be alone,
Not alone at all,
And your tears will warm you.
But not today,
And not tomorrow,
And not tomorrow’s tomorrow,
But some day,
Some Tuesday, late in the afternoon,
Sitting quietly with a cup of tea,
And a cookie;
And you will be yourself again.

• Like 2

So sorry John....I know you will miss her in many different little ways.

My Mom is 90, still getting around and driving lightly during the day...

but I know the day is coming when she will not be here.

I pray the Lord is easy on her and gives her a quick passing.

Prayers to you and your family.

Sue2

• Like 1

Always leaves a hole in your heart when they leave. Sounds like she lead a full and meaningful life. Condolences. 

• Like 1

Sorry for your loss John. I lost my mom almost a year ago now. My thoughts and prayers will be with you!

• Like 1

Humphries, Margaret Louise (Funkhouser)  of Johnson City, left this life for a better one on June 29, 2015, at age 92. Formerly of Knoxville, she had lived in Johnson City, the city of her birth  since 1980.
Margaret, affectionately known to all as 'Runt' was an avid bowler up until she was past 90 with the "Over the Hill Gang" from Telford United Methodist Church, where she was a member. Former member of Burlington United Methodist Church  in Knoxville and the Golden Chain Sunday School class. She loved her Churches and her church families. She was a good friend to everyone she ever met and never had an unkind word for anyone. Margaret was a proud graduate of Science Hill High School.
She was proceeded in death by her husband of 52 years, C.R. (Pete) Humphries, Her parents Cora and Ben Funkhouser, 7 brothers and sisters,  her much loved daughter-in-law Kathy Humphries,and her very special sister in law Ginnie Wilhoit.
She leaves behind to mourn and celebrate her life 3 sons, John, of the home, and Ben (Becky) and Jimmy of Knoxville....grandchildren Robert,Todd( Michelle) Andrew (Emily) and Leah ( Brandon) Collins..and  great grandchildren Sadie, Cooper, and Nora Beth...as well as a host of nieces and nephews.

• Like 3