arty-rc

Edge Lit Glass

Just finished three more for the wife to take back to camp. I hate the way my Iphone takes this type of picture. They look much better in true life. 

post-7680-0-22333300-1435445184_thumb.jp

post-7680-0-26121800-1435445201_thumb.jp

post-7680-0-08336400-1435445212_thumb.jp

• Like 5

Good job, they look nice. What kind of abrasive are you using to get the deep etch? I've been using the black beauty and it doesn't seem to get that good of results. 

I'm using 150 grit Aluminum Oxide with a siphon feed gun @ 45psi.

Awesome job arty. I keep telling myself "I'll try that one day" but I can't find the time.

Very nice work Arty, Do you also polish the edges of the glass or were they done when you bought them?

Bob

Very nice work Arty, Do you also polish the edges of the glass or were they done when you bought them?

Bob

Thanks Bob, I've been cutting my own glass then sanding and beveling them on my 6" belt sander. I'm also able to half-round the corners. 

Also Thanks to all forum members for your responses.

• Like 2

Thanks Bob, I've been cutting my own glass then sanding and beveling them on my 6" belt sander. I'm also able to half-round the corners. 

Your welcome you do some good stuff, like Bob does. WIsh I had a place to sand etc still.

How thick is it?

where are u getting the lighted bases from?? i have access to tons of lexan glass for this, just need to get the bases.

where are u getting the lighted bases from?? i have access to tons of lexan glass for this, just need to get the bases.

Give me another day or so.   I'm finishing up a design for a lighted base I'm going to start producing. 

I'm making my own bases from 2x4"s. Five passes by my table saw blade and three passes by my router blade. After final sanding and varnish staining I wire up the led's(bought from the big auction site) to a power supply and apply felt to the bottom of the base. I usually make 10 bases at a time.

Did one for a friend. I tried RGB LEDs and got slight mixed color lighting. The Iphone picture stinks, it looks much better than this picture. 

post-7680-0-00096600-1437268875_thumb.jp

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The OCD in me is getting in the way.    

I've gone through a few more prototypes. The layered parts was nice but very time consuming.  They would have cost $30+ just to make decent money for my time.   

I've got a new design that looks really promising.  It's next on my list to finish and I get through this big shirt order.   

7 hours ago, bsosheriff said:

Are you willing to sell your home made LED bases?

Check out my website.   

www.LEDLightBases.com