Sign in to follow this  
Kcross47601

LP2 Not cutting consistant through Siser material

Hey guys and gals.  On my LP2, I can be cutting Siser easy weed white which usually cuts smooth and easy with a 60 degree clean cut blade, but yesterday it started missing different areas.  I was cutting out a couple numbers for a softball jersey and looks like the blade has good down force when it starts the cut but at random points will lose downforce and barely score the material but not through to the backing.  I tried 5 times to get a good cut, adjusting the down force, blade depth, speed, and changed to a new blade with no good results. The later cuts, there are areas that look like the blade didn't score or cut at all.  I also tried to unplug my keyspan and go strait USB thinking it was a connection issue, then crawled under and checked the grounds.  With this being a newer unit, Maybe 6 months old, can the carrage be going bad? Any suggestions would be great.  I bet if I bought a higher level cutter, I wouldn't be having this problem. LOL  Thanks, Kris

Cutting strip looks fine. No grooves or noticable damage.  The cutting issue seems random when it will be going from one point to another.  I may try to put in the pen attachment and run a piece of paper through it just to see what happens.

Doing the same thing with regular 651 vinyl also.  Tried cutting out a few that have cut great before.  I seem to remember someone had issues with this on a different cutter and they had to put a drop of oil in the carrage cause it was hanging up when the blade would try to go down.  I may have to try that to get it to move freely.

Maybe the Z axis chip starting to go bad???  Wonder if its the same chip thats in the MH series cutters.

Sign you up was right.  The other day, I tried to do another graphic and watched how the z axis was acting.  It was not consistant with it's motion and at points would come down but could clearly see a gap between the holder and vinyl.  I ordered a new carriage and motherboard from US Cutter and found a you tube video of someone replacing a carriage on a LP2.  I had the new carrage installed in about 10 minutes and now it's cutting like new again. Guess I have a new motherboard on stand by just in case I need it later.  Thanks for the help guys.   Kris

• Like 3