Sign in to follow this  
tattooortiz

Should I buy 53" Titan 2 Servo or Roland Gx-24??

I am having a hard time deciding....I have had the roland Gx 24 before, great machine just want a bigger cutter so also considering the Titan 2 53" servo....I do love sure cuts a lot pro better then Roland cut studio....Is the Titan 2 Servo high quality? Will the roland gx 24 last longer? please help...I would even consider the titan 3 servo 53" but Razorcut 3 looks like it sucks....and see NO videos on the program to learn 

I'd consider learning a design program like corel draw, illustrator , vinyl master, Inkscape or sign blazer first so your not buying a machine based on what it comes with but rather the machine itself. The titans seem to be pretty solid but rolands and graphtecs are in their own league along with sum and a few others.

what is your reason for wanting a 53" machine? I would say overkill on size.   I have a 30" Graphtec and have never needed anything bigger...You can tile your work to make larger designs.   I would choose the Roland over the Titan... And I would choose the Graphtec over the Roland....  The Roland does not come with a stand.  Stand is extra. $304...I would never have a vinyl cutter without a stand...  Graphtecs can cut finer detailed designs.

I have had a Titan2 now for over a year. Not a single problem or complaint. I love it. I have cut text  at 1/16 inch with it.

That's just my experience. My first cutter was a graphtec. It is long gone.

• Like 1

Top order for me would be

Graphtec

Roland

?

?

?

Titan 3

i hear titan is a rebranded cutter but still a good cutter.

I'm not totally up on the different manufacturers but I believe the Rolands are typically built in Japan and possibly the Graphtecs too (but Graphtec may have a US affiliate).  Summa is made in Belgium. Pretty sure the Titan is manufactured in China. You get what you pay for with Cutters.

I DO like the high cutting pressure the Titan 2 boasts (750gr I believe I read) If that is an accurate measurement then that's pretty impressive if you want to do blast resist or other thick tough cutting. 

I really wanted the 53" cutter just to be able to save on vinyl price at 186.00 a roll at 48" x50yd and to have one piece 3 x 4 ft decals 4ft x 4ft pieces instead of tiles. Other then that if I went with a 24" cutter thinking the Roland GX-24 in my town I do lots of wall decals of super heroes and quotes. I also do tons of smaller stuff as well but i really get a lot of orders for 4ft x 4ft wall decals, 3ft x 4ft decals

my budget is 2k right now...so i can either get the roland and stand for about 1600.00 or the 53" titan 2 servo for 1900.00.....man what a toss up! lol

not in  my eyes - would buy the graphtec in a heartbeat  - or the roland

Just for comparison Dakota voted Graphtec and he's the only person that I know that has had both a titan2 and a graphtec at the same time for comparison.

had several graphtec rolands and a titan2    ;D

• Like 1

^^^Put the words right in my mouth ^^^ LOL

I really wanted the 53" cutter just to be able to save on vinyl price at 186.00 a roll at 48" x50yd and to have one piece 3 x 4 ft decals 4ft x 4ft pieces instead of tiles. Other then that if I went with a 24" cutter thinking the Roland GX-24 in my town I do lots of wall decals of super heroes and quotes. I also do tons of smaller stuff as well but i really get a lot of orders for 4ft x 4ft wall decals, 3ft x 4ft decals

What cutter are you using now? 

^^^Put the words right in my mouth ^^^ LOL

wth - did I post as you?  oops

Just for comparison Dakota voted Graphtec and he's the only person that I know that has had both a titan2 and a graphtec at the same time for comparison.

had several graphtec rolands and a titan2    ;D

I currently own both and would take the Graphtec over the Titan2 any day, and gladly pay more. I Wish I would have spent the extra money on the Graphtec for work. Didn't know anything then, listened to the salesperson. Live and learn.

• Like 1

Right now I'm using a Laserpoint II 24" i just got from UScutter  2 and 1/2 weeks ago. I literally made 2k within that time, so i was like wow! I need a roland or a titan 2 53" cutter lol

I advertised everywhere on the Facebook buy/sell pages and made crazy money.

I think i broke a record on the most time used on a 2 and a 1/2 week old laser point II machine Hahah

I think I have decided to order the Roland GS-24 with stand tomorrow morning !!! Excited ill post pics and video of it working when I get it

I think I have decided to order the Roland GS-24 with stand tomorrow morning !!! Excited ill post pics and video of it working when I get it

heads up the west side vice lords signing in your avatar is very offensive to many of our former law enforcement people.

if you want to continue the friendly discussions please consider something a little more neutral

• Like 1

If you made that much that quick I would run another couple weeks and buy what you really want. The only drawback I see with the Roland is it seems to be a lighter duty machine than the other contemporary machines in that market. A Graphtec or Summa would probably be superior and have a little more downforce. 

On the wide format note, don't forget you will need to be putting app tape on those big monsters too and that alone can become a big job on a 48" piece. I started out life with a 48" machine and never cut anything bigger than 30" so when I upgraded I went to a 30" machine. It's rare that I even buy 30" vinyl and with a quality cutter the cut is so precise that it's no big deal to tile it anyway. Easier to process and install or ship. 

• Like 1

I have been cutting about 3-4 times a week so far for 3ft and 4ft super hero characters.

Dakotagrafx, I'm sorry if they feel that way. I am also a celebrity tattoo artist I tattoo a lot of rap stars. Ice Cube is a good friend of mine. www.tattooortizink.com 

If you made that much that quick I would run another couple weeks and buy what you really want. The only drawback I see with the Roland is it seems to be a lighter duty machine than the other contemporary machines in that market. A Graphtec or Summa would probably be superior and have a little more downforce. 

On the wide format note, don't forget you will need to be putting app tape on those big monsters too and that alone can become a big job on a 48" piece. I started out life with a 48" machine and never cut anything bigger than 30" so when I upgraded I went to a 30" machine. It's rare that I even buy 30" vinyl and with a quality cutter the cut is so precise that it's no big deal to tile it anyway. Easier to process and install or ship. 

I see, why do they make  such big vinyl cutters for? contour cutting?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="dakotagrafx" data-cid="396140" data-time="1433787912"><p>

wth - did I post as you? oops</p></blockquote>

I was looking thinking I don't remember saying that but it's been a rough few weeks so maybe I did. Got me second guessing myself.

• Like 1

contour cutting wide format print- what goose said about weeding and applying wide graphics is why I sold my wide cutter and downsized - almost everything can be done in smaller segments / elements.

good luck