Sign in to follow this  
nmccormick

Top of cuts reversed

I have just set up my MH871-MK2 and have a weird issue. If I choose a plain circle to cut the top of the circle cuts in reverse, like a bite out of an apple. If I cut the letter "T", the bottom of the T wraps over itself. Any ideas? 

I am using a macbook pro and Make the Cut running in VMware and Windows 8. The cutter is attached via a serial cable and a keyspan serial adapter. It's definitely a convoluted setup, but I was able to get to a cut into the machine, albiet a flawed one.

Is the software registered? I've seen cutting issues with unregistered or demo software in past forum posts.

Is the software registered? I've seen cutting issues with unregistered or demo software in past forum posts.

Yes, this is a registered copy of Make the cut.

Does the vinyl feed thru the pinch rollers ok? I.e. Latches in same position on back? Forgive me if this model doesnt have them

Mzskeeter will probably clarify this but I believe mh is listed as NOT compatible with Mac.

• Like 1

Does the vinyl feed thru the pinch rollers ok? I.e. Latches in same position on back? Forgive me if this model doesnt have them

Yes, the vinyl feeds through just fine.

Mzskeeter will probably clarify this but I believe mh is listed as NOT compatible with Mac.

That's a possibility. I am going to borrow a windows based laptop and see if the issue remains.

Jaybird is right

System Requirements:

• Pentium processor-based PC or compatible computer (Windows)
  • Windows XP/Vista/7/8 (Windows)
  • Not compatible with MAC when using with MH Series Vinyl Cutter
  • 512 MB of RAM or more
  • At least 50 MB of available hard disk space
  • USB Port 1.1 or 2.x