VinylRevamp

design placement ?

Hey guys/girls

I've never heat pressed a shirt like this. How many inches from the top would you say I should go down to place the design. Would it be the same as a regular tshirt?

Thanks

post-88212-0-06647900-1431689014_thumb.p

A lot depends on how big the design is.....

there's not a lot of territory there to cover.

Sue2

I'd prefer to measure if person you know for accuracy and all. Truth is with womens shirts the only way to get it really right is to measure the person because of how much bust size moves the print location.

I'd prefer to measure if person you know for accuracy and all. Truth is with womens shirts the only way to get it really right is to measure the person because of how much bust size moves the print location.

:rolleyes: uh, huh..........sure jay!

• Like 3

Just want to put out the best possible product... Honest.

• Like 2

Only in quest for the best possible finished product I swear. Boy try to do a good job and all you get is flack lol

• Like 4

Only in quest for the best possible finished product I swear. Boy try to do a good job and all you get is flack lol

ummm...dude...your nose is getting longer....just saying.... ;D  ;D  ;D

• Like 1

You guys crack me up! 

I think the standard is somewhere around 3" down from the collar but like was mentioned it varies a lot depending on the shirt. I thing the 3" rule of thumb is for standard collars too. V necks are completely different. I usually have my wife throw one on so I can measure it (and cop a feel)

• Like 2

I would go the 3" down depending on the artwork.

1 set of the shirts will be 1 line text and another set of the shirts will be a graphic image about 7in in height

1 Line I would go right where the armpit ends so above the breast chicken lol. the other I would go 3" from collar.

• Like 1

You guys crack me up!

I think the standard is somewhere around 3" down from the collar but like was mentioned it varies a lot depending on the shirt. I thing the 3" rule of thumb is for standard collars too. V necks are completely different. I usually have my wife throw one on so I can measure it (and cop a fe

2 handfuls down from the collar

;D  ;D

I've seen lots of videos where it says 1 credit card from the collar  to 4 inches, but STILL doesn't look right. When I start, that will be my baseline and then lower it if I want to. 

For a one line of text,  few videos said to put them between the n*$&les. I think that's why Jay wants to measure so badly  ;D

One more reason to be excited about getting my first press!!

Looks like a great candidate for a wet application :)

• Like 1

Hey I'm just tryin to be professional here. Sheesh

• Like 1

Hey I'm just tryin to be professional here. Sheesh

Man why are you turning red then lol. Man just messing with ya your right though however its not that easy when someone comes in and asks for 30 shirts.

Yes, you need to wet it to see if the image is going to hold without washing it out. 
Am I right?

Shirts lay differently wet so always good to check. Better safe than sorry :) Starting to realize why I don't get many calls for ladies shirts lol.

• Like 2

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="xpaperman" data-cid="394255" data-time="1431752943"><p>

Wet application.....LOL</p></blockquote>

Would aide in getting a precise measurement between the mountain peaks as no two are the same.