CajunCustom

Transfer paper

What are you guys useing for transfer paper , ive been useing at65 with no problems , but recently i have made some larger decals 20 inch long and have had a few people say its coming off the backing paper when it gets to them , im getting ready to do a 54" 3 layer decal and it would have to be rolled into a large box i dont want the same to happen to it

As far as paper transfer tape. I have Main tape GXP 775 however it has the same issue of pealing at the edges without use even when you make sure to squeegee it out well. Noticed there is not a difference between high tack and low tack.. At least from what I have experienced. Seems they are the same.

Clear app tape on gloss vinyl I would use AT75. HT-55 paper app tape can be used on matte and gloss vinyls. Both stick and stay stuck to the backing.

I actually use the uscutter greenstar medium tack paper and i will just use a piece of tape on an edge to hold it...The greenstar works perfect for me..

i ordered some of what pshawny said ill give that a shot

Of the clear or paper? Once I have enough funds, I plan on getting the Rtape clear AT75 like he recommended.

i ordered some of what pshawny said ill give that a shot

Of the clear or paper? Once I have enough funds, I plan on getting the Rtape clear AT75 like he recommended.

I really like it. You can roll it as tight as you want and it won't tunnel, it doesn't bubble up over time like most clear tapes seem to do, and it can be used with wet or dry installs.

Wait....AT75 is high tack.

ok...is High Tack the better option to go with when using 651?

Reason I'm asking is I ran out and I don't know what I bought last. I bought the wrong roll once and the shit totally sucked. Didn't stick to anything.

I think I just answered my own question.  :|

• Like 1

Wait....AT75 is high tack.

ok...is High Tack the better option to go with when using 651?

Reason I'm asking is I ran out and I don't know what I bought last. I bought the wrong roll once and the shit totally sucked. Didn't stick to anything.

I think I just answered my own question.  :|

I may be wrong but for 651, you may want medium to low tack since transfer tape sticks well to that stuff.

I had GXF-100 which is medium tack and when I would use 651, it would stick really well to the clear transfer tape. Often too well where it would pull the sticker back up.

But again, I am no very knowledgeable about any of this and rarely get requests or use my self, 651 or non specialty vinyl. (sadly)

I use oracal 651,751 with the greenstar medium tack  and love it and when i ship anything , i usually just use a small piece of tape on the corners wrapped and there is no worries at all..        LOL i just realized i responded once already ..What a idiot haha. Dam heat getting to me here.. laugh it up everyone ,free today on me .. :blink::ph34r: