I am wondering what are the best settings to be running the machine at. I haven't touched the offset or even know what the offset does. I have been running around 165-200g for pressure and I see alot of people running more towards 100g. Does that mean I need to put out more blade and lower my pressure?

My current settings:

Blade: 45 degree

Pressure: 165-200g

Speed: 400

Offset: default (i think its .34)

Vinyl: Greenstar

Some feedback would be great and also lets see what everyone else runs for settings.

FYI I have had the machine for about a week so if there are anything else I am missing let me know.

-Austin

There are no settings set in stone,  every cutter machine will vary.  Once you set your blade depth correctly, then you adjust the force,   With blade offset start at 0.25mm   Adjust at 0.05  + or minus...until a square has sharp corners.   Speed depends on what you are cutting, material and design. I cut small text slow, as well as detailed designs.

Here is how to set you blade depth correctly.

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

• Like 3

There are no settings set in stone,  every cutter machine will vary.  Once you set your blade depth correctly, then you adjust the force,   With blade offset start at 0.25mm   Adjust at 0.05  + or minus...until a square has sharp corners.   Speed depends on what you are cutting, material and design. I cut small text slow, as well as detailed designs.

Here is how to set you blade depth correctly.

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

What does changing the offset do exactly? Also what would be the difference of using a 45 or 60 degree blade?

What does changing the offset do exactly? Also what would be the difference of using a 45 or 60 degree blade?

Use the search in the upper right corner,  this has been discussed hundreds and hundreds of times on here.  It is also on UScutter.com website under SUPPORT

http://www.uscuttersupport.com/

Are your cuts not coming out right? but it does sound like you are using a lot more pressure than you need to be using. On your regular sign vinyl, cast and calendered  vinyl around 40-75 should be plenty of pressure.

45 degree blades should be fine for most cuts on regular sign vinyl.  60 degree blades are usually used for very fine detailed cuts and smaller text and also thicker vinyl like reflective vinyl film.

I ran my lp2 around 140 pressure but never got the speed over 600 because the cuts started getting choppy higher than that

I have mine at 200 speed and 150 pressure. Took me quite some time to find the right setting for mine. Like stated above...every machine is different

I am having problems cutting anything that is as wide as the roll 24". Every time it gets to the last about 6" the cuts mess up and all I was cutting was lettering. It cuts fine when I cut anything under 12". Does anyone know what the issue could be?

Maybe provide some more info..  What do you mean the cut messes up? How? Provide some photos/videos if you have to.. You have to be more specific.. If your watching it, what does the cutter do?  And I hope that you have enough vinyl free to do the order and are not pulling from a vinyl roll as you are cutting. 

Maybe provide some more info..  What do you mean the cut messes up? How? Provide some photos/videos if you have to.. You have to be more specific.. If your watching it, what does the cutter do?  And I hope that you have enough vinyl free to do the order and are not pulling from a vinyl roll as you are cutting. 

The first time it "messed up" the vinyl got bunched up but that was because I didn't put the pinch roller all the way on the end roller position. After correcting that stupid beginner mistake the cuts still got messed but the vinyl fed fine. I was cutting the word 'Styling' and the 'i' got closer to the 'n' and the 'S' swirl cut over itself and also over the 't'.

It just seems like the pinch roller isn't holding the vinyl in place so it isn't cutting properly.

I am wondering what are the best settings to be running the machine at. I haven't touched the offset or even know what the offset does. I have been running around 165-200g for pressure and I see alot of people running more towards 100g. Does that mean I need to put out more blade and lower my pressure?

My current settings:

Blade: 45 degree

Pressure: 165-200g

Speed: 400

Offset: default (i think its .34)

Vinyl: Greenstar

Some feedback would be great and also lets see what everyone else runs for settings.

FYI I have had the machine for about a week so if there are anything else I am missing let me know.

-Austin

Ive been having the same issues. My settings are almost identical to yours to. I cant see how 100g or even 45g can even break through the vinyl. Im using Greenstar vinyl as well and Orafol chrome. When using the chrome I have to adjust the pressure up to 275 just for it to cut through. Not once has it cut into the backing paper either.

Is there a blade lifespan? Does the blade need to be replaced after so many cuts or time used?