Go-C Graphics

Go-C Graphics

3 hours ago, 3barefoot said:

Off topic.... Nice work by the way! I LOVE the LED signs. But how is Etsy going for you? I have got to look into making some extra money and start pushing my stuff more. 

TIA

It's been OK.   I really haven't been putting much effort into it.   I've made about 18 sales on my 28 listings.  The more I look at it the more I think these types of signs are really only going to sell during the Christmas holiday.   I may pickup a sale from someone looking to give a birthday present but that's about it.   It's a great platform but you really have to do your homework and you HAVE to have a niche.  Etsy has grown too much for you to be selling the same things as everyone else.  

3 hours ago, darcshadow said:

Yeah

Yep.......  what he said.

• Like 2

It's been alittle while.....

I haven't really been doing much.   Mostly just made the garage signs over the Holidays.   But I did get asked to make a cool sign for a friend of mine.   Every year they go to the Rolex24 and park in the Porsche Corral.  My Friend takes his Porsche 928 and has a full bar in the back during the race.  This year I had 2 days to make a sign for him.  I used some cherry wood engraved and cut on the laser and adhered it to a piece of acrylic I cut on the laser also.   Everyone loved it, and NBC sports actually had an interview with my buddy about BAR 928 and had the sign on national TV.   

1822143077_2020-01-2417_30_00.thumb.jpg.ecacb5a36cd72907578316243dac393f.jpg1043412900_2020-01-2417_25_38.jpg.03a703b3907696823aa8ac4df274bea6.jpg1052467776_2020-01-2121_28_28.thumb.jpg.7f00ebdb80b7d8adec2ac5023ec4ec0b.jpg1314155419_2020-01-2101_22_14.thumb.jpg.c89f0c55630027f486918ebf20decdce.jpg2122403269_2020-01-2101_31_41.thumb.jpg.decb4606b14d81c9559be3050baaf11d.jpg

• Like 4

Awesome! Can I ask, why did you cut the text outline into the acrylic? Did you use the wood to do an inlay, or was it for visual positioning?

Also, what type of adhesive did you use to mount the wood to the acrylic?

I'm new the laser machine thing, and am always looking for advice and suggestions (not to steal anyone else's business) - I'm just a hobbyist, but want to do my hobby the right way ;)

13 hours ago, haumana said:

Awesome! Can I ask, why did you cut the text outline into the acrylic? Did you use the wood to do an inlay, or was it for visual positioning?

Also, what type of adhesive did you use to mount the wood to the acrylic?

I'm new the laser machine thing, and am always looking for advice and suggestions (not to steal anyone else's business) - I'm just a hobbyist, but want to do my hobby the right way ;)

There is no "Right WAY" of doing it. This is just the way I do it.   

The Text is cut at low power and high speed to mark the acrylic.   This makes positioning the letters easier.  As far as glue goes E6000 is my go to glue now.   It works on everything, has alot of stickyness to hold, and dries pretty fast.   I used it on this and also leather patches on hats.   I'll post a picture of those later.   

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Go-C Graphics said:

There is no "Right WAY" of doing it. This is just the way I do it.   

The Text is cut at low power and high speed to mark the acrylic.   This makes positioning the letters easier.  As far as glue goes E6000 is my go to glue now.   It works on everything, has alot of stickyness to hold, and dries pretty fast.   I used it on this and also leather patches on hats.   I'll post a picture of those later.   

Thanks! Good to know about the E6000. I bought a tube a while back, but have not had a reason to actually use it. I still need to practice a bit with the Weld On #4. It just run everywhere, even when I try pre-squeezing the bottle before tipping. I think. have to practice a lot more. Hahaha.