Sign in to follow this  
JrVinyl

Pricing out digital printed decals.

So im new to the solvent printing world and looking for some guidelines on pricing out printed jobs. Cost of the Lam and substrates i can figure out but what about the contour cutting and ink cost? and how does everyone factor that in.

Thanks.

don't forget to factor in your depreciation etc.  with versaworks it tells you about how much ink you use - contour cuts are generally free unless complicated and takes a lot of machine time - I learned that after I got a job that took 25 min to print and 1.5hrs to contour cut and it was a large order.    YOU have to figure all that in your cost - nobody can really tell you what it should be.  just factor in maint. parts to be replaced and the above and your time.  good luck

Thanks for the reply idk why but for some reason this seems a bit overwhelming to me lol. It wasn't like this for me when I got into regular sign vinyl something about adding ink is getting me worried. I haven't even loaded my first set of ink into my printer yet for the simple fact IM not sure how IM even going to be pricing these things out and don't want it to just be sitting around. I suppose I will just load them in and get it going learn the printer and as I go learn more about how i will set my prices hopefully i wont loose too much money in the process. Thanks again i have seen a lot of your post and you seem very helpful to everyone.

you will find it being very different than cutting vinyl - with that all you did was replace a $4-$15 blade once in a while - now you have a mistress that will require quite a bit more attention and expensive accessories.  it's not like you desktop printer that you load ink in it and forget it . . . I have my weekly cleaning coming up tomorrow or Thursday and have a babysitter watching it while I am gone on vacation for 8 days