gcextreme

Weirdest ways-time to drum up business?

Ok whats the weirdest way and times you have drummed up business and made $$.

I hate to admit it, sitting on the john, with my phone, and just made $120 in orders off facebook.

• Like 3

I am an I.T.guy for a hospital during the day so I am not ashamed to say I drum up most of my business and even draw most of my artwork on my PC at work while I'm on the clock. A lot of times I even sneak out to decal a vehicle or something...

• Like 1

I am an I.T.guy for a hospital during the day so I am not ashamed to say I drum up most of my business and even draw most of my artwork on my PC at work while I'm on the clock. A lot of times I even sneak out to decal a vehicle or something...

LOL

I'm a Biomed for a hospital.   I may do the same thing.   

• Like 1

I once thought of, but didn't end up doing one weird idea. Put magnetic business cards on unlettered trailers that you see. Some people might get mad and other would buy decals.

I wrapped myself up in 15" vinyl that said "hire me" and ran through the high school gym.... Naw just kidding. I went and bought flowers at a place that had worn out decals on their delivery vans and hit them up with a business card. 

Also made a volleyball shirt that said "Volleyball Dad. Like a soccer dad but cooler" on the back with a "Custom shirt designs by:" below and attracted several customers. 

I once thought of, but didn't end up doing one weird idea. Put magnetic business cards on unlettered trailers that you see. Some people might get mad and other would buy decals.

Most trailers are aluminum so you might  have been disappointed. I leave business cards on crappy looking work all the time when I'm at walmart or lowe's. Get the occasional call.

I always take pictures of my work and post to my social media. I typically get 3-5 new requests from each photo that gets posted....either someone wanting the exact same thing or a variation of what was posted. Seems to keep me busy lol. I can typically bring in $300-$400 per photo being that most of my work is detailed/layered or just large vehicle graphics/wraps....I post AT LEAST one photo a day if that puts into perspective the amount of business it brings. 

However, I have a small niche doing truck graphics so reaching my target audience is easy by posting into facebook groups and forums instead of just my friends list. I never pay for ads just simply market my work daily to the right crowd and that keeps people interested. Also seem to get an average of 10 new followers per week. Social media is a great tool to get business.