halpain17

is this price-able?

Anyone else smell something fishie with that order that large to a unknown person? This isn't going to Hungary or something s it? Will check back in 6 months to see how this turned out.

• Like 3

I too would be VERY suspecious myself. Good luck though! Hope all goes well

Just wait until the check clears before ordering any equipment.

Hello Good Sir,

My name is Steven Ahkmed. I would like to purchase 150,000 4x6 inches of vinyl stickers from you.  Iwill giveu a check in the lump sum of $325,000 All yu have to do is send me a check for only $500 as a good-faith payment of this

transaction. Upon your completion of said products, I will have a private shipper to come and pick them up. Please send me your check to: Steven Ahkmed 35-194 Steven Way Indian Ocean, Columbia

I would run from this job ;)

• Like 2

Why? Sounds legit to me but why is is Mr. Ahkmed contacting you when I already sent him the check?

Just wait until the check clears before ordering any equipment.

You weren't fast enough!

:lol:

lol, thanks for the worry fellas (and ladies). The contact isn't unknown to me. It's a friend of mine. Doesn't make me positive that the deal with go thru, but I do at least know them. And the company is a very well known nation wide corporation. I just am not mentioning them because I don't want 50 people to try to find a contact to underbid me (no offense). My friend is the regional marketing rep for "corp x" and i and my wife have done quite a bit for her, so since she has the opportunity she is trying to reciprocate by getting us this bid.

I definitely will be having my lawyer look over the contract if/when we recieve it, before signing. And then waiting for the check, depositing it, and waiting a couple more days for it to clear. Once I have a cleared check I will be making my equipment purchases, and beginning work. Mama didn't raise no fool.

Question tho folks...

If this happens and/or in the future,  I was considering the PrismJet 48", the EnduraLam 55", the EnduraTrim 60", and the VE Q54" Cutter.

I saw some posts about the VE cutters not actually having ARMS. And it does say something about "Available ARMS", which doesn't sound good to me... so I was considering the Graphtec FC8600 54" instead.

I found that I can pick this all up for about 17.5k-18.5k depending on those cutters. What do you guys think?

I'd prefer to support USCutter, but didn't see eco-sol printers that weren't cutter combos. And I don't want a combo, because I want to have the availability to use all machines at once. I also couldn't fins any trimmers here, just large expensive table trimmers.

I don't know anything about the HP Latex Printers. I know they say 5-year outdoor while the eco-sol say 3-year outdoor. So does the HP not need laminate for most outdoor applications? and can a latex printer print to all the same vinyls as a eco-sol?

Roland cutters find the registration marks much easier than any other cutter I have tried - doing that many I would think you wouldn't want to mess around with too many sheets trying to find the marks.  why not consider the latex machines for this job since you are interested in a separate print and cut solution?  since you want to hit the floor running have you considered a retailer with a training program to get you familiar with the equipment quickly, can provide quick technical assistance and teach you the ins and outs of RIPS.   Maybe I missed it in my quick scan though and you have experience in those areas

now if I was doing regular vinyl and did much fine detail I would be pushing the graphtec but that is not what you are diving into so look hard at the http://www.rolanddga.com/products/cutters/gxPro/.   

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

You've done your homework....best wishes!

May we all find friends like this!

:rolleyes:

Sue2

Roland cutters find the registration marks much easier than any other cutter I have tried - doing that many I would think you wouldn't want to mess around with too many sheets trying to find the marks.  why not consider the latex machines for this job since you are interested in a separate print and cut solution?  since you want to hit the floor running have you considered a retailer with a training program to get you familiar with the equipment quickly, can provide quick technical assistance and teach you the ins and outs of RIPS.   Maybe I missed it in my quick scan though and you have experience in those areas

now if I was doing regular vinyl and did much fine detail I would be pushing the graphtec but that is not what you are diving into so look hard at the http://www.rolanddga.com/products/cutters/gxPro/.   

Thanks, yea I don't have any experience with rips. I do have another friend who owns one of the largest sign companies here, so I guess I'll talk with him and try to learn a little. Currently, I've been using a GCC Puma iii which seems to be a re-branded roland. I guess since it has ARMS, I could order some of the 8.5x11 sheets for my desktop printer and play with a few small trial runs....

GCC - is a separate company  - not roland or even related to them.

respectable company but no roland.  now that is one brand I don't have experience with on finding registration marks - 

http://www.gccworld.com/Vinyl_Cutter.php

http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php/topic/76539-roland-vs-gcc/

hmm ok. i assumed it might be because it uses alot of roland parts. of course im sure alot of these share similar cut strips, blades, etc.

It looks like price wise I may be able to get the roland gx-500 in the same price range.

lol- a refine mh used roland style blades - it doesn't make them a rebranded roland. - this also might be a good time to visit a trade show along with that local equipment dealer - research is your friend and seeing for yourself is priceless 

if you decide latex is for you uscutter just got into selling them - from  a wrap installer friend of mine he loves working with it over solvent printed material and since you are going separate print and cut it just might make sense

I have looked and looked and cant find any trade shows in my area. Probably the closest place for me that would have shows is Dallas. The latex printer looks like a good deal. a little higher in price, but if it eliminated laminate it'd be totally worth it. I wasn't sure though if you could use the same media, because no media says latex, only sol, eco-sol, uv.