Sign in to follow this  
SeeJaysPlace

price quote?

I'm having problems price quoting a little..

not sure why.. this is the start of the season and i don't want to do it for cost or rip my self off and want to give a honest quote!

here are some of the pic's he sent me

Should i put in the quote cleaning the trucks? and removing old glue or what not..

Thanks

a job i got off of craigslist!

post-16863-0-30994200-1427210530_thumb.j

post-16863-0-34254700-1427210536_thumb.j

post-16863-0-43781900-1427210540_thumb.j

I usually ask that they at least run it through a wash. There are truck washes at a lot of the truck stops. Looking at it it's hard to tell if that is old vinyl or just adhesive residue. There is no way they are going to be capable of  truly cleaning it like you will have to to get it ready for new graphics but I would break out your estimate of that part of the job and maybe give them the option to take it somewhere that could really work it over and get all the old stuff off and buff out the sides as song as they don't wax it. Either way you will spend a certain mount of time doing a final prep. 

I learned today when it comes to cleaning the adhesive left behind that you can use WD-40.And was verified by a  automotive paint store as well... So Spray it with Wd-40 ,use a plastic razor blade and it comes off like a charm.Then use some good cleaner to remove the Wd-40 like rapid Prep cleaner..Worked perfect...Just make sure you price the clean off separate from the new vinyl so you know your getting a fair price for you on both ends of the job..

• Like 1

Since this is your first go round with vans I'll say a day each and $150 each for materials (just a wild guess) so you should clear $350 a day per van at $500. This would be on the low side for a full shop but your shop overhead is almost zero. $350 a day doesn't sound too bad to me.

• Like 1

Speaking of the aerosol adhesive removers...... Has anyone ever used spray on gasket remover? I was a mechanic prior to starting my own farming operation and doong vinyl/sublimation as a side business. I used gasket remover a few times on stubborn gaskets and it worked great, just KOR sure what it would do to the finish.

I think I'll get some and do a test on one of my old tractors to see. I'll update in a new thread.

I would be about $600 a truck, but the cleaning I would charge hourly. it looks simple and straight forward, but sometimes that old glue is tough to remove and you might have to go over it a couple times to get it all off.

+1 on WD40

Rapid Remover & a Scraprite works wonders too.

i quoted them $450-550 a truck.. .. waiting for a text back they said they liked the quote so well see.. he said he has to talk to his partner lol ..

good thing its only 4 miles from my house so

and they said they would take care of cleaning!

Even running that thing through 3 carwashes is going to leave a lot of prep work. The cost of material seems low compared to the total price but you have design time, cut weed and taping, removing all the residue, trying to get rid of the ghost lettering or manipulating the new vinyl to try to cover the shadows ( or both ) and then install and with box trucks all this is done off ladders or scaffolding so you have setup or move time on that. all factors that need to be figured in on a price.