Sign in to follow this  
Topper

Graphtec FC8600, Funny Noise.

My graphtec FC8600 makes a nasty kind of grinding noise sometimes when the carriage travels from left to right. Any ideas? please see the link to my youtube video below for what I mean. Sorry for the quality of the video, can't find my charger for the gopro. You'll see what Im hearing in the first 15 seconds of the video. I'm pretty sure, the noise of the carriage cutting and moving up and down is normal but the left and right movement of the carriage isn't I wouldn't think.

My FC growls when running slow...Or I let it set there......always has....It reminds me sometimes to shut it off.    I don't hear anything bad on yours.     

Are you sure? Did you hear it as it moved to the left, then right just as it started cutting. Sometimes it's super smooth cant hear a thing other times its like Grrr,GRR,GRRR...

especially at 1:40 in the video as it starts to move left, its not even cutting, just moving the carriage its growling like crazy.

Well I only run slow,, and mine growls...I never run over 6 speed..  Jaybird has said his growls also. Mine has been running for 7 years now and never a problem...

Here is  previous posts  on growling..  I would not update the firmware...as another stated.  Another person recently updated on a CE6000 and had all kinds of problems. 

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/45111-ce-6000-60-noise-problem/?hl=growls#entry363536

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/42815-graphtec-ce6000-60-noise/?hl=growls#entry336992

I heard the sound you are describing.

Does it make that sound when you first load the media, and it checks the size?  If not, I am betting it makes that sound when the X Axis roller goes slow, and the Y axis ( carriage) is moving to its next point at the same time.  I think there is a certain speed that makes the machine vibrate thru the vinyl.

Mine (FC7000) makes that sound sometimes on slow big arcs. or as described above. maybe try a different media  or speed. Nice Machine though!